Wiki Posts
Search

A340: C SEATING

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2002, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen
A340: C SEATING

My wife and I are scheduled to fly JFK-MUC in C with seats 3K/3H.
Can anyone give me advice on the pro's & con's for these seats?
Furthermore, will I have an oppertunity as a FLT to piss off the "Warden" or does she just harass the gold members?
Bedankt!
BT
Old Jul 22, 2002, 11:58 am
Patron

Unfortunately, I am one of the less experienced persons to answer your question, but the ability to search the FlyerTalk forums is one of the most powerful tools that is offered. I thought, that someone may have already asked and answered the "best seat" question. I searched for you to find it and here are the answers:

You will be in the front C-cabin, which means rows 3 or 4 depending on if you want bulkhead in front or behind your seat. peter42 prefers (bulkhead) row 3 emailman goes for row 4.

Links:
http://cms.lufthansa.com/us/fly/en/p...459785,00.html (seatmaps)
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum32/HTML/001616.html
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum32/HTML/001317.html
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum32/HTML/001217.html

Big Top asked: Will I have an opportunity as a FTL to piss off the "warden" or does she just harass the gold members?

As a C-Class passenger your designated lounge at MUC is the C-Class/FTL lounge. LH does not feed you there.

Old Jul 22, 2002, 1:23 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
You have the best seats in C class. So don't change them. These seats are away from the main C class crowd in the aft cabin. These seats have the advantages of being the quiestest in flight, there's only first class walk through traffic, and you get served first.

I like the almond lemon curry chicken on the current menu.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 2:09 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
If you like bulkhead seats 3 AC or HK are the ones to choose, lots of space and very quiete.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 3:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Since you are not on the same route I ususally take, those seats are a good choice.

I HATE it when someone already has my seat (A340, 2A in F and 4D in C) reserved.

[This message has been edited by eMailman (edited 07-23-2002).]
Old Jul 24, 2002, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen
Thanks for your help!
Patron- I actually did conduct a search and came up without satisfactory results, thanks anyway.
BT
Old Jul 25, 2002, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta, US Airways
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eMailman:
Since you are not on the same route I ususally take, those seats are a good choice.

I HATE it when someone already has my seat (A340, 2A in F and 4D in C) reserved.

[This message has been edited by eMailman (edited 07-23-2002).]
</font>
I HATE it when I fly Economy on the A340 and my favourite center seat 36F right in the middle of the crowd is already gone and I have to take an aisle seat or even get upgraded to Business Class (I don't want to think about First Class!).

BTW, that was irony!

Old Jul 26, 2002, 2:51 am

It is very easy to become accustomed to sit toward the front of the plane...

Economy? Is that the part behind the curtain after row 16?

[This message has been edited by eMailman (edited 07-26-2002).]
Old Jul 26, 2002, 2:33 pm

Row 16 - I thought the aircraft only had 4 rows........?
Old Jul 26, 2002, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta, US Airways
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Peter M:
Row 16 - I thought the aircraft only had 4 rows........?</font>
Anyway, with all that talk about Business Class and First Class: What exactly is that? I always thought in front of the curtain is the cockpit?!? I am puzzled...

I also heard some crazy people talking about sleeping on a flight (how do you do that in a chair?). Some even got decent food...

Old Jul 26, 2002, 3:34 pm

What exactly is that? I always thought in front of the curtain is the cockpit?!? I am puzzled...
.................................................. ....................
No seriously! A few years back I saw an old man walk up to the cockpit door on a 737, open it , walk in and then having to apologize to the pilots and crew for mistaking it for the lavatory. At least he still had some eyesight left, so as not to pee over the pilots and electrical systems........!
Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:03 am

If you like window views, the cockpit does have the better window seats.

The A340 has 3 jump seats in the cockpit, and on one flight I got to sit in the middle jump seat for part of the flight. The view of the approach over the UK and sunrise were spectacular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.