Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG to MUC- What are the seats like in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, ICH RA, HH Silver, Hyatt GP
HKG to MUC- What are the seats like in Y?

Ive heard many bad reports of Y seats in Lufthansa on this route. Is it true that you dont even get IFE?

Are the seats really terrible?

Have work all day in HKG, then flight overnight to MUC in Y and straight to work again as soon as I arrive.

Advice appreciated.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:42 am

Last time I flew the route it was an A346, which means that it is standard LH Airbus Y seats with IFE and (for my taste) below average leg room. Did PVG-MUC (comparable flight) a few times back when I was FTL and it is doable, allthough depending on your schedule the next day, I would highly advise to fly C if possible.

One thing to make this flight bearable is to get row 26 A/C or H/K. These seats will become available at OLCI and are very good to sleep in. Try to get A or K and then put your trolley close the wall after take off, put your feet on top and it will feel almost like the current C slide

good luck!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by jcjchung
Ive heard many bad reports of Y seats in Lufthansa on this route. Is it true that you dont even get IFE?

Are the seats really terrible?

Have work all day in HKG, then flight overnight to MUC in Y and straight to work again as soon as I arrive.

Advice appreciated.
All aircraft on that route have IFE. Only a few 744 left in the Lufthansa fleet with old seats, but they all operate from FRA, so you are on the safe side.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
What do you want? IFE or being fit to work? You will have IFE in Y but real sleep is difficult, the only pro are the excellent flight times. After a day in HKG, you will be pretty tired anyway at midnight so that should help a little, arriving at 5 something local, is pretty cool, too.

C should be it though if you intend to work (efficiently) both days.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:11 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Completely off topic, somehow, but: I don't think it's compatible with German labor laws to spend your rest period sitting in a chair unable to sleep and continue work as soon as you arrive.

After your work is finished, you are supposed to have at least 11 hours of uninterrupted rest. How an overnight flight in economy even remotely qualifies as such is a mystery to me.

What kind of company are you working for?

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.