Programs: some
Originally Posted by sebastian746
thanks for your work guys^

Kiwi Flyer, maybe you can link to this post in the

Lufthansa, Austrian, LOT and Miles & More Quick Reference Thread
done.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by ulev

Are you saying LH is not offering compensation tickets in F anymore? Care to tell us where that info is coming from? A free ticket in F to anywhere in the world used to be the standard compensation if they had to bump you from a confirmed F seat.
Free compensation tickets, award tickets or companion tickets don't generate revenue for the airline, but they are not called "non-rev" tickets in this context.

"non-rev" is a standard term for ID travel available only for airline employees, travel agents and others (see for example http://www.nonrevtravel.com/ for details)
Old Feb 7, 2007, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Thanks all.
Is it possible for the moderator to use the response from SmilingBoy and all the subsequent modifications as a single new message that lists all the codes, use it to start a new thread, and lock this thread? Having my message as the opening message could be a little misleading.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 7:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by alex0683de
Also, it might be worth mentioning the mileage levels:

Continental:

E L T U - 125 miles per intra-Europe sector
G H K M Q S V W - 750 miles per intra-Europe sector
B Y - 1250 miles per intra-Europe sector
C D Z - 2000 miles per intra-Europe sector (Business)

Intercontinental:

S W - 50% distance miles
G H K M Q V - 100% distance miles
B Y - 150% distance miles
C D Z - 200% distance miles (Business)
A F - 300% distance miles (First)

Values/classes taken from www.meilenrechner.de.
Don't the rates differ within europe for domestic and international? Also don't forget minimum mileage for intercontinental (which is really everything except Europe).
Old Feb 7, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
The booking classes are confusing me sometimes. On my last flight (SQ), IATA Ticket shows F, on SQ boarding pass it says P, and M&M mileage statement it shows up as F... Which class was I finally booked in?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 8:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

boarding passes often show something different from booking class, and it varies by airline

for example LH shows M for economy no matter what economy class you booked in, SQ shows P for first no matter what first class you booked in
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
for example LH shows M for economy no matter what economy class you booked in
I beg to disagree. On LH boarding passes for LH flights, there will be a big M on any boarding pass, but the letter next to gate and boarding time will show the actual booking class.

SmilingBoy.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 2:53 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Don't the rates differ within europe for domestic and international? Also don't forget minimum mileage for intercontinental (which is really everything except Europe).
You're right. I've edited my post accordingly.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:33 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ulev
H is the booking class for the so called STARLITE RTWs, which are not available in all markets.

Are you saying LH is not offering compensation tickets in F anymore? Care to tell us where that info is coming from? A free ticket in F to anywhere in the world used to be the standard compensation if they had to bump you from a confirmed F seat.
Compensation for a F to C bump is now (in FRA) 8000/4000€ voucher/cash.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by jarino
Free compensation tickets, award tickets or companion tickets don't generate revenue for the airline, but they are not called "non-rev" tickets in this context.
However, LH uses the same booking classes for compensation and non-rev tickets.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by peter42
Compensation for a F to C bump is now (in FRA) 8000/4000€ voucher/cash.
Do you know what the compensation for LX op. flights is?
my parents just flew LX41 (LAX-ZRH) yesterday and their upgrade into F didn't clear.

LX had to bump pax from F to C because F was oversold...
So I'm just interested what LX offers in such a case (not for my parents of course, they paid C and flew C).
Old Feb 23, 2007, 2:48 am
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
^ ^ ^ Great thread! Been wondering about this for a while... I hope we will get more information on this topic over time.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: LH
Are there any updates that would also need to be considered for the list in the M&M guide? (for example Ready-to-Fly fares are still listed there as getting booked into "S").
Old Dec 11, 2010, 2:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flo-e
Are there any updates that would also need to be considered for the list in the M&M guide? (for example Ready-to-Fly fares are still listed there as getting booked into "S").
The current booking classes of M&M carriers may be found here (and are reproduced below). Click on the "i" next to "booking classes".

If you find any changes which need to be made in the M&M guide, I suggest you report them in:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ck-thread.html
Old Oct 8, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Approx fare difference

What would be the approx fare difference per sector on the following routing between restricted ( say L class)and the lowest semi flexible fares (G/H) ??
CCU/BOM/DEL to PRG via FRA/MUC/ZRH..

Am falling some status miles short and want to know the difference before asking my corp TA..

Thanks
Abhi

Last edited by abhilife2001; Oct 9, 2011 at 4:27 pm Reason: added specific sectors and classes..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.