Search

Second Lounge Guest

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 5:23 am
k22
Original Poster

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Second Lounge Guest

I searched for an answer to this but no luck? As Star Gold I can bring one (unrelated) guest into the lounge at Frankfurt for free, but can I pay for a second guest?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 5:37 am

Programs: LH, BA, DL
No, you can't.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 5:38 am
k22
Original Poster

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Originally Posted by LH_Fan
No, you can't.
Thank you! ^
Old Sep 9, 2006, 3:56 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by k22
I searched for an answer to this but no luck? As Star Gold I can bring one (unrelated) guest into the lounge at Frankfurt for free, but can I pay for a second guest?
*G can indeed bring one guest to the LH Senator lounge if both of you travel with Star carrier. I've done that zillions of time, no issues.

The point is that if you want to bring MORE than 1 guest, they all need to be your immediate family members. Sometimes this becomes tricky, for instance brits hate kids and some lounges ban kids under specific age out of lounge.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 4:32 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by dabee69
*G can indeed bring one guest to the LH Senator lounge if both of you travel with Star carrier. I've done that zillions of time, no issues.

The point is that if you want to bring MORE than 1 guest, they all need to be your immediate family members. Sometimes this becomes tricky, for instance brits hate kids and some lounges ban kids under specific age out of lounge.
the rules says 1 guest, no matter if family members or not. that said, there are lot's of "wardens" who don't stick to the rules and allow 2 or 3 guests if it's not too crowded.

cheers

ben
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
With more than 1 guest, you might simply be redirected to the FTL lounge.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:23 am
Suspended

Stay within the entrance area, until the next guests comes in and ask him nicely, if he might take your 2nd guest as his guest.

I have done it a couple of times on different airlines after witnessing lounge wardens turn away too many guests.

Thin line for the agents, but in that case, a young well dressed SEN was told that his parents, an elderly couple in their 70`s, cannot enter the lounge with him. Another case I remember was a NWA warden, still during the old DTW terminal days, turning away a KL Silver Wing with his 4-5 year old daugther right in front me. Despite getting the looks from the agent, I was more than happy to help out a fellow traveler spending some hours in the lounge instead of the crappy terminal building.

Normally I appreciate agents playing by the rules, but in some cases, like the two mentioned above, it was simply ridiculous...
Old Sep 9, 2006, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Threy
Stay within the entrance area, until the next guests comes in and ask him nicely, if he might take your 2nd guest as his guest.

I have done it a couple of times on different airlines after witnessing lounge wardens turn away too many guests.

Thin line for the agents, but in that case, a young well dressed SEN was told that his parents, an elderly couple in their 70`s, cannot enter the lounge with him. Another case I remember was a NWA warden, still during the old DTW terminal days, turning away a KL Silver Wing with his 4-5 year old daugther right in front me. Despite getting the looks from the agent, I was more than happy to help out a fellow traveler spending some hours in the lounge instead of the crappy terminal building.

Normally I appreciate agents playing by the rules, but in some cases, like the two mentioned above, it was simply ridiculous...
^ ^ ^ Very constructive post! My apologies to the OP for being a bit short in my earlier one, I was simply trying to address the question re: paying, but Threy certainly brings in an additional perspective.

Actually, I have fond memories of the SA F lounge receptionist in Jo'burg - I was travelling with a colleague who was on a completely different airline (and he could not technically invite a guest, either), so I asked the lounge receptionist if it was okay if he and I used the SA C lounge instead. Her response was that they would certainly not accept guests into the C lounge (having visited that lounge later in the year, I can understand why ), and then she allowed him into the F lounge (not the FCT, but not too far below LH's other FRA F lounges - it was a real treat!). So, sometimes, you just get the right person at the right time, and things work out ...
Old Sep 9, 2006, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by LH_Fan
I have fond memories of the SA F lounge receptionist in Jo'burg
Me too. When travelling with my dad in LH F from JNB-FRA, we were taking along a couple who was on the same flight, but in Y (and with no status at all). I asked nicely, the warden said it was against the rules, but that they'd make an exception. ^
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:46 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
What about FTL's? Are they allowed to take direct family members into the lounge? Can I bring in my sister for example, if flying on the same flight?
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
What about FTL's? Are they allowed to take direct family members into the lounge? Can I bring in my sister for example, if flying on the same flight?
No guests. Latest enhancement.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:10 pm

Programs: black is magic
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I could, even into the SEN lounge
Old Sep 10, 2006, 1:53 am

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
Was flying in July DUS-ZRH-JFK and back in Y with my wife and my little daughter (18 ).
No problem with the lounge in DUS and ZRH (*A SEN lounge, did not try it in the Swiss lounge though).
On the flight back in JFK they told us at the check in that strictly one guest only in the Swiss lounge. In addition they gave us wrong directions to the lounge (one of those inconvenient locations which are before security control), so we finally did not go there.
Also a good service by Swiss in ZRH with priority security check and entering the plane first etc for all of us.
Their lousy service in Eco during the flight is maybe worth another thread.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 5:22 am

Haven't done it as *G before, but the BA/QF lounge in SIN allowed me to bring in 3 guests - for free! All flying BA WTP; I was the only one with ow sapphire (AA). OTOH, BA lounge at LHR T4 stuck by the rules ("We don't even allow it for our own cardholders"); payment wasn't even an option. I guess the inconsistency was somewhat due to the number of BA/oneworld flights out of LHR which were far greater than the oneworld flights at SIN.

Same logic might apply in the OP's situation.

Last edited by Keith009; Sep 10, 2006 at 5:29 am
Old Sep 10, 2006, 5:35 am

Slightly OT - Guest access to contract lounge

Lounge access rules on the LH website do not specifically cover LH contract lounges, so here's my question: I'll be flying to Rome in Y with Mrs LH_Fan (same ticket). On our way back, will we both have access to the LH contract lounge? A response in an earlier thread (albeit a slightly dated one which only covered one specific contract lounge) seems to indicate that that's the case. Are there generic rules?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.