Wiki Posts
Search

Life-long Senator status [merged lifetime SEN]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Do you know if you need to apply or is it automatic?
no idea, bur probably a good idea to give your local LH sales team a call when it is due.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:02 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
I'm not intending to still be flying >100k miles a year when I'm 59....
not every year, 'only' every second year to maintain SEN status ...
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Rudi
not every year, 'only' every second year to maintain SEN status ...
And no need to fly 100.000 miles. Hopefully at that age you are in a position to just fly around 30.000 miles in F.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Do you know if you need to apply or is it automatic?
My dad received an unexpected invite to which you are supposed to respond in order to "accept" this new status. It came out of the blue - no enquiries were made about this status. And he received it well past 60 so I assume it was a matter of clocking up the required SEN status and/or miles else it would have come earlier.

Anyway, you basically have to send/fax back an enclosed form where you put a tick next to the "Yes, I would like to receive the Senator status for life" box, fill in your DOB (which they should have on file anyway), attach a copy of your passport/ID, sign & send/fax it back to the M&M.

Your new M&M card will arrive and the letter (although not the card) will indicate that you now have lifetime status.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: *A
Is historical status miles history online?

Thanks to all the posters for giving us the heads up about this perk.

Looks like my wife will become a lifetime SEN. She has now earned uninterrupted SEN status for 11 years although she is currently in year 9 and meets the age restriction. I would expect that since she has qualified for SEN status for 11 years she meets the last requirement, > 1 million status miles.

Is it possible to look up total status mile accrual online? Or do we need to call the M&M service center? We've looked through her online account and I can only see 2 years of history and no indication of lifetime accrual.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:47 am

I think you will have to call M&M.
Old May 27, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by wrenz
Thanks to all the posters for giving us the heads up about this perk.

Looks like my wife will become a lifetime SEN. She has now earned uninterrupted SEN status for 11 years although she is currently in year 9 and meets the age restriction. I would expect that since she has qualified for SEN status for 11 years she meets the last requirement, > 1 million status miles.

Is it possible to look up total status mile accrual online? Or do we need to call the M&M service center? We've looked through her online account and I can only see 2 years of history and no indication of lifetime accrual.
As far as I understand the requirements in post #1 were the threshold in 1998. I would doubt if the requirements are still the same since then, as a bunch of people probably would fulfil the requirements today.
In addition the lifetime status is not automatic, but by invitation from M&M only.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its still 10years of SEN, 60+ years and a million lifetime status miles. Its not automatic, needs to be requested. So if you have 2-3 stars and are 60+ you can ask.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Does anyone else find it a little strange that there is a 60+ requirement still in this day of no age discrimination?
Old May 27, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Truffles
Does anyone else find it a little strange that there is a 60+ requirement still in this day of no age discrimination?
I guess the first time any sign of legal troubles would pop up, it would be promptly enhanced away...
Old May 28, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
I guess the first time any sign of legal troubles would pop up, it would be promptly enhanced away...
I am afraid if LH to face any legal issue with age discremenation then they will enhance away the whole lifetime SEN program rather than the age condition
Old May 28, 2016, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its still 10years of SEN, 60+ years and a million lifetime status miles. Its not automatic, needs to be requested. So if you have 2-3 stars and are 60+ you can ask.
Are the miles used in the calculation any old *A miles or are they the HON-style miles earned only on Lufthansa-family flights?
Old May 28, 2016, 3:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Pre 2012 they didn't differentiate between *A and LH Group.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am afraid if LH to face any legal issue with age discremenation then they will enhance away the whole lifetime SEN program rather than the age condition
apologies for being unclear, that is exactly what I meant.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Daddy Tyrolean did ask.

He is well over 60.
He had SEN for over 15 years and 2 precious stars.
He had the FTL card even before M&M was invented.
He had well over 1. mio lifetime status miles, but these were not in a 10 year intervall.

He was invited to pay 2000 Euro for a year more of SEN Status and declined that generous offer.

Next longhaul traffic in C is not booked with LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.