FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Waiting list priority (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/355167-waiting-list-priority.html)

Deimos Sep 15, 2004 7:58 am

Waiting list priority

I see that "Waiting list priority for fully booked flights." is listed as a benefit of M&M FTLs (on the M&M web), and "Priority Reservations Waitlisting" is listed as a benefit of StarAlliance Gold (on the *A web). Does anyone know which is the higher priority?

My situation is that I am waitlisted for an LH flight, and currently my EBG number is in the reservation. Would I have a higher chance of clearing the waitlist if I ask my TA to enter my FTL number instead?

Jensens Sep 15, 2004 8:13 am

Try a search in this thread, I vaguely remember seeing a discussion about that with the orderuing - SEN, FTL, *G,*S, all the rest - on LH flights.

Jensens

baggage tag Sep 15, 2004 8:13 am

AFAIK the priority for standby is the following:

1. LH SEN
2. LH FTL
3. *G
4. *S
5. Full fare
6. The "riff raff" ;)

This is just from my experience, maybe other flyertalkers would like to share theirs?

peter42 Sep 15, 2004 8:27 am

Originally Posted by baggage tag
AFAIK the priority for standby is the following:

1. LH SEN
2. LH FTL
3. *G
4. *S
5. Full fare
6. The "riff raff" ;)

This is just from my experience, maybe other flyertalkers would like to share theirs?

You forget 0. VIPs and friends of Mr.M....

wwflyer Sep 15, 2004 10:04 am

Originally Posted by peter42
You forget 0. VIPs and friends of Mr.M....

From an earlier experience in 2000: They also know if you have a LH Credit Card, even with NO status > may be somewhere between 5 and 6.

oliver2002 Sep 15, 2004 10:21 am

In june 2001, I wanted to book a cheap Q fare on a completely full OS VIE-JFK flight. The agent on the phone kept telling that all was booked out. I innocently kept insisting that as an FTL, I should be able to get waitlisted for that Q fare. The lady finally relented and booked on a waitlist. The next day the called back to say that the booking got confirmed on the basis of FTL. Never happened to me again....

Gaucho100K Sep 17, 2004 2:20 am

How about WL priorities amongst SEN members? Are these on a first come first serve basis?

peter42 Sep 17, 2004 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
How about WL priorities amongst SEN members? Are these on a first come first serve basis?

The automatic WL is by status the by booking code, then FCFS. The GA can however select whomever he wants from the list.

Deimos Sep 18, 2004 1:53 am

Thanks everyone for your answers. I was initially waitlisted on 3 flight out of 6 in the trip. On two of those flights I was confirmed within 12 hours while I had my EBG number in the reservation.

When I discussed the situation with my travel agent yesterday he agreed with baggage tag that FTL was most likely higher that A* Gold. So he put that number into the reservation instead and also told me he would call LH and verify this assumption. Now, approximately 20 hours after he added the FTL number I can see that I have been confirmed from the waitlist. ^

I can also add that the flight I was just confirmed on (FRA-ICN) has zero availability in all classes, and the same is true for the same flight on the day before and the day after I travel. Perhaps a chance for an op-up? :p

demue Sep 19, 2004 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Deimos
I can also add that the flight I was just confirmed on (FRA-ICN) has zero availability in all classes, and the same is true for the same flight on the day before and the day after I travel. Perhaps a chance for an op-up? :p

Nicely done. However, keep in mind that a) LH's inventory management is quite good and b) for op-ups the same pecking order applies than for the waitlist. :eek: So keep your fingers crossed and hope for not too many SEN's booked in the same class. Good luck.

Cheers ...