Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2005, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Please do not mention Barbara Becker.Her former husband is slowly falling down into B celebrity status, so what would be her status ?

There are only two dozen+ letters, but even Z would be way too high for her.

Speaking of Z celebrities, once on an CRJ 700 from DUS to MUC the casted boy band from Pro 7, Overload was their name IIRC

All the guys in C , mothers and managers in Y, me in exit row overlooking an ugly display of akne vulgaris and absolutely no style or voice whatoever...
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: M&M Freq, BA, Emirates, KLM, CSA
Sat next to Leftfield on their way back from a concert in FRA to LHR. They gave me tickets to the Reading festival they were playing at that night.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Who would have thought this would become the third most viewed thread on the LH forum (and counting )...
Old Aug 11, 2005, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm waiting for someone tosay they sat next to "Right said Fred" a group that I understand is still popular in Germany.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 3:37 pm

Programs: CO/NW Platinum, UA PE, HP Plat.
[QUOTE=chapinpirulin]Sat next to Florian Gerster (1 A) (former head of the German Unemployment Office)a couple of months ago on MSO-FRA.

didn't know Lufthansa had a flight Missoula - Frankfurt. Big demand on that route?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:04 am

Programs: LH HON, IC RA
today morning:
LH1017 HAJ-MUC
bavarian's deputy prime minister dr. guenther beckstein sitting in Y.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:38 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
No way Mr. Gerster flew Missoula - Frankfurt, because there is no LH flight.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Sat next to Melanie Thornton FRA-LAX two weeks before she died in the Crossair (Swissair) crash in ZRH. Very sad indeed.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 3:55 am

Programs: QR Gold, LH FTL, AB Silver, BA Silver, OK+Blue,PC Plat, SPG Plat, HH DIA, TK Gold (working on black)
Hartmut Mehdorn -Deutsche Bahn/German Rail boss

last monday TXL-MUC (again)
At least he keeps word not to ride the train for that route
"Train rides of more than 4 hours are a pain"
Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:21 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by go4miles
Hartmut Mehdorn -Deutsche Bahn/German Rail boss

last monday TXL-MUC (again)
At least he keeps word not to ride the train for that route
"Train rides of more than 4 hours are a pain"
Well, my 2 cents: I'll see him once a month aboard a LH plane ...
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, those who don't fly LH that much are really missing the opportunity to fly with the rich and famous!!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by hfly
Wow, those who don't fly LH that much are really missing the opportunity to fly with the rich and famous!!
Thank you for the 2nd contribution on your perceived fact, that anyone famous only flies BA - which you also pointed out on the corresponding thread in the BA forum.

Frankly - I could not care less who else uses the same plane as I do - whether this person is famous or not - but what I do care about is to get catered for - and not offered a Y meal in F such as the worlds favorite airline currently does and keeps on doing for over a month now it seems.

By consequence - those who fly BA miss the opportunity to receive what they pay for - the service reflecting their class of travel.

WOW - I really wonder what I would prefer to miss ???

Cheers

Thomas
Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:39 am

Programs: LH HON+
Originally Posted by tcswede
Thank you for the 2nd contribution on your perceived fact, that anyone famous only flies BA - which you also pointed out on the corresponding thread in the BA forum.

Frankly - I could not care less who else uses the same plane as I do - whether this person is famous or not - but what I do care about is to get catered for - and not offered a Y meal in F such as the worlds favorite airline currently does and keeps on doing for over a month now it seems.

By consequence - those who fly BA miss the opportunity to receive what they pay for - the service reflecting their class of travel.

WOW - I really wonder what I would prefer to miss ???

Cheers

Thomas
what a wonderful sarcastic post!!! well said Thomas
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, this thred is titled what?? "Celebrities or semi-celebrities"?? The thread on BA was titled what?? Something similar?? I didn't say that anyone famous only flies Ba, I specifically said in a thread on the same topic on another airline that the level of "famousness" is better over there. If you had any idea of what you were talking about you would know that I am one of the most critical BA posters and therefore what you write is utterly nonsensical.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 7:40 am

Programs: LH Sen
ute lemper jfk-fra
hillary swanke jfk-fra
both in F
(didn't even notice hs in the lounge except that she had a dog withe her)

does the german ambassador ton SIN count (fra-ham)? no, i guess not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.