Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:28 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Weird that such a celeb would travel in Uniform... unless he had a appointment immediately on landing.
I think he is required to do so. And this flight is clearly within NATO territory.

The only sad thing is that the normal citizen even can't thank him for serving for our country with all that security staff around him.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:15 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have frequently seen armed forces senior personnel flying in Uniform- I don't think it is that strange- although more often than not they seem to fly private as opposed to commercial.
especially in this case, where he has "his own" fleet of hundreds of super-sonic jets and helicopters...

I wonder if those bodyguards could keep their weapons on board or if they had to hand them over to the SN pilot. I did not see if they had to pass the regular security at the gate.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:03 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I have frequently seen armed forces senior personnel flying in Uniform- I don't think it is that strange- although more often than not they seem to fly private as opposed to commercial.
I agree, but the highest ranked officer I have seen on a commercial flight was a Brigadier General. I would assume that the brass would prefer stay low key and travel in civilian clothing because of the overall security situation - but then bodyguards and staying low key seem to be a contradiction.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
In todays world the only sure sign of beeing a real celebrity is the number of your bodyguards ;-)
In which case whoever the family is in FCL B this morning must be real celebrity indeed- they even seem to have a handler to carry the toys of the infant with them- and seem to have not only their private staff but a good bit of FRAPORT support here as well at the moment. Nice suits on the security team- tailored for the perfect fit all things considered.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
In which case whoever the family is in FCL B this morning must be real celebrity indeed- they even seem to have a handler to carry the toys of the infant with them- and seem to have not only their private staff but a good bit of FRAPORT support here as well at the moment. Nice suits on the security team- tailored for the perfect fit all things considered.
It must be a middle east second grade royal family members, who don't own a private jet yet and still reserve the whole F cabin for themselves. I have seen a lot of them and frequently in FCL B flying on LH on FRA-GCC capitals.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
It must be a middle east second grade royal family members, who don't own a private jet yet and still reserve the whole F cabin for themselves. I have seen a lot of them and frequently in FCL B flying on LH on FRA-GCC capitals.
I was going to say that or the Beckhams.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I had one of those families FRA-LAX last summer (I never saw them in the FCL, just on the plane). The night before departure, F was booked 3/8. When I went to check-in at the FCT, I was told I no longer had a seat assignment and it would not be assigned until I got to the gate. Considering I was paid F, I knew I'd have a seat, just not where.

The mother and 4 kids sat in F; surprisingly, "Prince" Dad and handlers took seats in C, although he came forward to visit his wife frequently in the air. She also had a handler who came to check on her needs several time.

In the long-run, I won. As I boarded, I was given a new boarding pass: I was moved to 1K! ^
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They were definitely not middle eastern- without speculating what country it was a dialect I don't know- definitely though they had reserved the whole F cabin + some C cabin by the looks of things.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver

Sat right behind Leona Lewis on MUC-LHR April 1st in Business Class. Classy and really uncomplicated and very friendly person. No one really noticed her until she was met on arrival at the gate by her assistant, who carried her pink suitcase
Old May 3, 2014, 3:02 am

Together with Anton Hofreiter (Politics - Green Party in Germany) aboard LH2036 MUC-TXL just now in C
Old May 3, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by heimwerkerkoenig
Together with Anton Hofreiter (Politics - Green Party in Germany) aboard LH2036 MUC-TXL just now in C
Hmmm. I thought members of this party do fly in Y only
Old May 3, 2014, 5:28 pm

Hmmm. I thought members of this party do fly in Y only
Flying in premium cabins, driving Hummers, stopping nuclear power plants and burning coal instead. That's how they roll.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by mmff
Flying in premium cabins, driving Hummers, stopping nuclear power plants and burning coal instead. That's how they roll.
Sorry for continuing the offtopic, but you forgot to mention RPGs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superp...#Rocket_attack
Old May 4, 2014, 2:00 pm

Seems to be Celebrity Hotspot Weekend. Today aboard LH2037 TXL-MUC were Rea Garvey as well as Elias M'Barek.
Old May 5, 2014, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by heimwerkerkoenig
Seems to be Celebrity Hotspot Weekend. Today aboard LH2037 TXL-MUC were Rea Garvey as well as Elias M'Barek.
And 4 hours earlier on the 7:10am TXL-MUC, I am quite certain I saw Jerome Boateng sitting in the last C row. He boarded right after me and the gate agent even asked for a picture with him

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.