Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2007, 2:32 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by yapak2
must be quite busy travelling these days....bumped into him at the First Class check-in for US flights in T1, B at FRA. With entire family....presenting the news (and often bad news) for so many years seems to wear on people....or maybe he was missing the make-up from his TV crew..
I thought exactly the same. Also, it's kind of good that they sit during the news and a certain part of the body gets covered by the table, if you know what I mean. I was really shocked about his appearance.

he also seemed kind of unhappy last friday and was arguing with the gate agent. I guess he wanted to sit in FC but only biz was available...
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:46 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
...and a certain part of the body gets covered by the table, if you know what I mean. I was really shocked about his appearance.
I know from a reliable source that certain news speaker were only wearing shorts during the presentation of the news, when they were still sitting on Swiss TV. Nowadays, they are standing and it would be rather obvious.

A famous french news speaker admitted publicly that during one of the long news marathons, he had to do - don't remember which emergency it was (air france hijacking in 1994?) - they had to bring him a bottle, so he could relieve himself from time to time.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 2:07 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by Hennessy
A famous french news speaker admitted publicly that during one of the long news marathons, he had to do - don't remember which emergency it was (air france hijacking in 1994?) - they had to bring him a bottle, so he could relieve himself from time to time.
:blush:
This thread is about which celebs we have sat next to. Any details about where/what they were actually sitting upon is IMO way OT.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 4:01 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by yapak2
must be quite busy travelling these days....bumped into him at the First Class check-in for US flights in T1, B at FRA. With entire family....presenting the news (and often bad news) for so many years seems to wear on people....or maybe he was missing the make-up from his TV crew..
Bumped into Siegloch in the mid-90's at IAD when he entered arrival hall during his first assignment in D.C. He looked like on TV at that time though...

It is the same as with women. The wonders of make-up can make a lame duck look like a beautiful swan...from the distance at least
Old Aug 3, 2007, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Hennessy
I know from a reliable source that certain news speaker were only wearing shorts during the presentation of the news, when they were still sitting on Swiss TV. Nowadays, they are standing and it would be rather obvious.

I do often see newsmen in Frankfurt at the stock exchange wearing adidas running shoes and jeans and so on when doing interviews, etc., as only their upper part of the body is visible in tv
Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:41 am

Goldie Hawn was on LH3844 FRA-FCO (C) last Sunday. She was enjoying green tea a lot. She said she would stay in Rome for 2 days and be heading to Majorca afterwards. She was very friendly - considering after a long flight from LAX. The purser came up and asked her autograph towards the end of the flight...
Old Aug 31, 2007, 4:49 am

I'm here at the FCT and can see Dirk Bach (german comedy performer).
Old Aug 31, 2007, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by steffen0212
I'm here at the FCT and can see Dirk Bach (german comedy performer).
i wonder how he can afford to fly F, he is pretty bad!

dont think he is a HON...
Old Aug 31, 2007, 6:39 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sentom
He does not fit in any other seat. Hope he is on an A330/340 on the A or K seats.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: UA Plat, LH SEN(RIP)

dont think he is a HON...
RTL can.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by FelixB
RTL can.
they certainly can, but i seriously doubt that they would fly him paid F, but what do i know...

waste of money if you ask me...
Old Aug 31, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
He does not fit in any other seat. Hope he is on an A330/340 on the A or K seats.
I am certain they have to put him in a center seat, otherwise they have serious weight balancing issues

Cheers, s
Old Aug 31, 2007, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Plat, LH SEN(RIP)
they certainly can, but i seriously doubt that they would fly him paid F, but what do i know...

waste of money if you ask me...
Well as some have pointed out in the "why upgrade" thread, many employers only pay for y instead of C. So maybe RTL pays him for C but he upgraded to F.

Could also be that C was so full that LH thought it would be good to not annoy fellow C travellers and ugraded him to F
Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:17 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by FelixB

Could also be that C was so full that LH thought it would be good to not annoy fellow C travellers and ugraded him to F
So they rather annoy the fellow F travellers.....

Cheers, S
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
So they rather annoy the fellow F travellers.....

Cheers, S
actually i feel bad that i started this! he seems like a nice person in interviews, he is just not a good comedian, so good for him if someone pays him F travel even though he is bad...

i'm very good in my job and they dont even fly me C...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.