Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: QR Gold, LH FTL, AB Silver, BA Silver, OK+Blue,PC Plat, SPG Plat, HH DIA, TK Gold (working on black)
Eddy Stoiber on LH 235 Sundaynight

Since besides me only his entourage travelled in C that night, they talked pretty openly about what happened in Berlin that Day.
Eddy entertained the crowd by saying he will come back like Muhammad Ali in Zaire.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:30 am

Programs: *A
tokio hotel

stumbled across thise thread and remembered an Email i got from a friend back in August. by now -unfortunately- tokio-hotel is very succesful in germany and going on the nervs of grown-ups...

for those non-german speakers: my friend basically is making fun of them, being "stars" and complaining to the purser that they did not get food in Y on CGN-MUC -- he felt sorry for them and handed out some cookies...

-Sebastian

Hahahahahah,

ich hab dir doch mal erzählt, dass bei mir im Flieger von Köln nach München
irgendso eine "newcomer" Band neben mir in der Reihe saß.
Jetzt weiß ich wer des is, hab die friesen wieder erkannt:
http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/prom...rKomplett.html

Übrigens, wenn des Jungs sein solln, läuft da phänotypisch irgend was aus
dem Ruder, die haben damals eher nach mädels ausgesehen. Über androgyn könnt
ich noch streiten, aber jungs, niemals.

Sie haben sich übrigens drüber aufgeregt, dass sie im Flieger in der
Holzklasse nix zum essen bekommen. Der purser hatte dann aber Mitleid und
hat ihnen ein paar Kekserl gebracht.... Naja als "popstar" hat mans auch
nicht leicht.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 7:09 am

4th Dec ZRH *-Alliance lounge Right Said Fred They first came into the First Class Section had a short look and proceeded to the C class part.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:58 am

Programs: Sixt,M&M,MC
Mario Ohoven yesterday DUS-SXF on Germanwings if that counts.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 8:33 am

It wasn't on a LH flight but I had Rudolf Scharping sitting two rows behind me a few months ago on a DXB-FRA flight. But then I also see him walking along the street where I live now and then again.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 8:40 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kwoj
Mario Ohoven yesterday DUS-SXF on Germanwings if that counts.
"Ich muss weg ..."
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:03 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Well, over the time I've seen some popular guys...

Most amazing was Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi with their little baby Jaden Gil in summer 2002 on a FRA-SFO flight. They were sitting in 84A&C, and I was just in front of in 83A.

In addition I've seen and recognized on flights (and still remember): Juergen Weber (former LH CEO) on FRA-MIA, Axel Schulz (heavyweight boxer) on FRA-LAX, Ottfried Fischer ("The bull from Tölz" - German actor) on MUC-FRA, Hannelore Elsner (German actor) on HAM-FRA. Msr. Elsner did very bad. She had a young lover with her and seemed to be drunken. She was giggling all the time was throwing some small papers and candies around her.

As well I think, I've seen Robert de Niro once in the LH SEN Lounge in FRA. Was not really sure.

About 10 years ago I was on a flight GVA-FRA with the entire German soccer team Hambuger SV, sitting just an aisle away from Felix Magath (who is the coach of #1 German soccer team Bayern Munich today).

I assume, there were much more people on all my flights feeling to be popular. But sorry for them, I didn't really recognize or didn't know them.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hertz 5*, Sixt Plat
Flying from and to TXL (most times to FRA) you can almost always see any politicians in C. Last time I sat next to Franz Müntefering (now german vice cancelor). But I'd not talk of celeb in this case.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
On HAJ-MUC this morning, Seal was in 2A and I was in 3A. He had a guy carrying his guitar seated back in economy. He had the full royal VIP treatment. Staff brought him and his entourage onboard last. LH staff waiting on the tarmac at MUC with a BMW.

So I was wondering, does he get this top level VIP treatment because he is a moderately successful singer? Or is it purely because of who he is married to?
Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by stimpy
So I was wondering, does he get this top level VIP treatment because he is a moderately successful singer? Or is it purely because of who he is married to?
I think you can simply buy this kind of treatment. The same people who buy him his flights, his hotel rooms, his dinners, is limos, his food, his drinks, his presents etc. will also buy him the VIP treatment at MUC.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 8:27 pm
BCH

Reading these posts, it just occured to me that the whole FIRST experience is going to be wasted on me: I won't know (or recognize) any of these B-list celebrities sitting next to me!

Damn!
Old Mar 12, 2006, 3:21 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Celebs in TXL

The TXL SEN Lounge has a very high load of semi Celebrities.
This Firday there was Hans-Dietrich Genscher (former foreign Minister of Germany) and Michael Glos and a lot of members of parliament.
I wondered that there was such a high load of politicians on a friday evening.
Normally there is the high load on Thursday, because they want to be at home with mum on Friday!

A way to get the SEN lounges more empty: Dont give the members of parliament the SEN-Card for free!
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:29 am

Mar 10 CGN SEN Jürgen Rüttgers
Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:29 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold
Lasse Berghagen (a swedish national icon) between FRA-ORD.
Viktor Tichonov & Kasatonov, SVO-FRA.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:40 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
...Ottfried Fischer ("The bull from Tölz" - German actor) on MUC-FRA...
Did he need two seats by his own or the full bench

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.