Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:09 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Wie klein die Welt doch ist...

www.asmallworld.net would be the fitting website then, created by the former Swedish ambossador to the U.S.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
Wie klein die Welt doch ist...www.asmallworld.net would be the fitting website then, created by the former Swedish ambossador to the U.S.
Not to forget the disney anthem that never leaves your head once you've heard it: http://www.geocities.com/guide2disne...mallworld.html
Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:50 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Yep. That fits in nicely.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 9:38 am

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH
Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi in C yesterday MUC-SFO. Of course I was in Y Saw the whole clan only at baggage claim.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by roesner
Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi in C yesterday MUC-SFO. Of course I was in Y Saw the whole clan only at baggage claim.
So they flew back to the US together. Andre w/o Steffi sat in 1A on LH453 last Saturday/Sunday, while I was in my usual 1G, sitting next to the mother of the First Officer, while the 11 year old son of the Captain paid us several visits complaining about the bad food in Y. In MUC, Andre and his tiny entourage of 2 were greeted by LH VIP staff at the a/c door and whisked down to a BMW parked on the tarmac.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 6:07 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SPG Plat, Meridien Moments Gold
Sat "next" to Anastacia, JFK-FRA two years ago. We were both in C, she sat the row in front of me.

She was quiet and peaceful, and not willing to engange in any conversation: "do you mind, I am trying to relax"... Of course with my sister shouting "that's Anastacia!!!" upon boarding I didn't really stand much of a chance.

Kind regards,
Maurits
Old Oct 27, 2005, 12:35 am

Flew accross the aisle from Rudolph Scharping, ex German defense minister, MUC-FRA recently. Mr. Scharping is obviously not a reader of FT as he was sitting in one of the A-C pairs on the A300-600 in C....the seats where they don't leave the seat next to you free. The flight was full, I was enjoying my space in the middle and I think Mr. Scharping was dreaming of the old days when he could use the German airforce jets for travel.....
Old Oct 27, 2005, 12:44 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
On Sept. 18th. (german election day) I flew from CGN to TXL. The business class on this 737-300 was larger than the eco section. Seated in business were: Mr. Markwarth (CEO of "Focus" magazine), Mr. Calmund (ex-Manager of pro-Soccer Team Leverkusen), Jenny Elvers (minor celebrity), Mario Adorf (famous german actor), politicans Peer Steinbrück (SPD), Jürgen Rüttgers (CDU, minister of the state of Northrhein-Westfalia), a few politicans from the Greens and the Liberals (maybe they had some early coalition talks ;-) ), a boygroup that I didn't know by name and a very bad copy of Elton John (don´t know if this guy was trying to look like him but he was totally emberassing) :-)
Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:00 pm
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Today at CGN gate 61 (or so): Dittsche himself, Olli Dittrich. (German comedian)
Without the bathrobe, though.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by floris_FRA
Flew accross the aisle from Rudolph Scharping, ex German defense minister, MUC-FRA recently. Mr. Scharping is obviously not a reader of FT as he was sitting in one of the A-C pairs on the A300-600 in C....the seats where they don't leave the seat next to you free. The flight was full, I was enjoying my space in the middle and I think Mr. Scharping was dreaming of the old days when he could use the German airforce jets for travel.....
I met Rudolf Scharping (and x bodyguards) years ago in the A25 SEN lounge in FRA, as he was still Ministry of Defense : he didn't always use the costly Luftwaffe jets for domestic flights...
Old Oct 28, 2005, 4:55 am

Friedrich Merz, member of the German Parliament and some kind of shooting star of the CDU yesterday on LH 1056 FRA-DRS. Haven't recognized him on the plane but after disembarking. He will probably attend the consecration of the famous Frauenkirche which will take place this Sunday.

He is staying at the stylish Kempinski Taschenbergpalais, not at the rather lousy Bellevue like Lufthansa's most respected costumers will - in mid of November
Old Nov 15, 2005, 9:46 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
I sat next to Thomas Gottschalk (German TV Star) last Saturday (12th) in the SEN lounge in TXL. He was flying to DUS together with his...well.....strange(?) looking wife. They both were dressed very uncommon, but I guess that's what he is famous for.

Plus, his wife didn't seem to be too nice when dealing with the lounge staff...kind of snobby
Old Nov 16, 2005, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by berlinflyer
I sat next to Thomas Gottschalk (German TV Star) last Saturday (12th) in the SEN lounge in TXL. He was flying to DUS together with his...well.....strange(?) looking wife. They both were dressed very uncommon, but I guess that's what he is famous for.

Plus, his wife didn't seem to be too nice when dealing with the lounge staff...kind of snobby
I saw Tommy and his wife strolling through the A concourse while waiting for a flight on Sat 12. too...he did look very strange!
Also had Eros Ramazotti in the F Terminal that morning - all the girls/boys were very excited.....
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL Plat (comped), BD
Well I am not sure if she qualifies as semi-celebrity...

but I had Vera-Int-Veen (not sure about her last name, only knew her as "Vera am Mittag") last Friday on LH from TXL to MUC.

Was flying eco together with two chatty girlfriends and (unwillingly) entertaining the cabin commenting the news she was reading (Raising the VAT - "impertinent act of greedy politicians" - Klitschko retiring - "brave and sensible decision"). A lady sitting in front of her tried to make her lower the voice, but in vain.

Guess that comes from always being the one deciding who has the right to speak (in her show universe)

To me it was welcome enertainment on an otherwise unspectacular flight...
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Felixberlin
but I had Vera-Int-Veen (not sure about her last name, only knew her as "Vera am Mittag") last Friday on LH from TXL to MUC.

Was flying eco
Did she have one or two seats...umm...I mean...was the seat next to her blocked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.