Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/OS Seating Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
UA reservation on LH metal.. seat selection only same day?

Sorry if this issue was covered earlier in this thread, but I couldn't find the answer. Last month I had a UA res LHR-FRA-EWR, and found I couldn't select my LH seats on line until 12am the day of my flight. Next week I'll have a similar trip MAD-FRA-EWR. Is this the norm? Or is there some way to select my coach seat any earlier. The LH website said it should be available 24 hrs before, but when I attempted to do that, I got a message that web seat selection was unavaible, and that I had to check in at a LH office. Yet at midnight on the day of my flight the seat selection for both flights 'magically' opened up. (I am *A Gold, if that matters)
PS - when I was finally able to get into the seat selection, I found they had assigned me the very last row on both flights, despite lots of other coach seats being available. So I was able to change to more desirable seats, but I'd prefer to do that earlier rather than later.

Last edited by mauld; Feb 15, 2017 at 8:47 am
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ua-merged.html
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Thank you for the link, it helped to know I wasn't the only one confused by LH. Unfortunately, most of the cheaper EWR-TALT on UA now have a LH codeshare, so I'll just have to live with the inconvenience.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: Chase, United
Lh a321 row 26?

Seatguru and Lufthansa show this as an exit row with extra legroom. Seatguru says no storage during takeoff, but there are seats in fron, so why not? Can anyone tell me more. I have 26c. Thanks!
Old May 28, 2017, 1:27 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zoechow
Seatguru and Lufthansa show this as an exit row with extra legroom. Seatguru says no storage during takeoff, but there are seats in fron, so why not? Can anyone tell me more. I have 26c. Thanks!
Row 26 (as well as row 11) is indeed an exit row and you are not allowed to store hand luggage under the seat in front of you during takeoff and landing. Sometimes FAs 'reserve' overhead storage space for passengers in exit rows but not always.
Old May 28, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: Chase, United
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Row 26 (as well as row 11) is indeed an exit row and you are not allowed to store hand luggage under the seat in front of you during takeoff and landing. Sometimes FAs 'reserve' overhead storage space for passengers in exit rows but not always.
Thanks! Otherwise desirable seat (26c)?
Old May 30, 2017, 6:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zoechow
Thanks! Otherwise desirable seat (26c)?
I wouldn't pay to sit in 26C but it certainly has more leg room than other aisle seats.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:24 pm

346 & 380 in Y

Been scouring the thread and I apologize in advance if it's been covered but am a lowly Y passenger

I have booked 98A +C on a A380 and 40H +K on a A340-600. Do these seats recline fully? I chose them because there'd be no one behind. I am aware the seats on the 346 are the last row but in front of the galley (wall? or none?). Would the last row in Y, 58H +K have a wall or also would be exposed to the galley?

I am still able to swap seats at this time without charge.

Again, many thanks in advance to everyone.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I have not flown the LH A330 in Business without F. Any thoughts on bulkhead row vs mid-cabin? I am looking at side aisle and thought perhaps the bulkhead has larger footwells or easier climbing room for the window seat to get to the aisle?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by criostal
I have not flown the LH A330 in Business without F. Any thoughts on bulkhead row vs mid-cabin? I am looking at side aisle and thought perhaps the bulkhead has larger footwells or easier climbing room for the window seat to get to the aisle?
No difference with the other bulkheads on the A333, whether with F or not.

The bulkhead footwell is closed in by the IFE screen above in the bulkhead, where it is open on other seats. The space is large enough not to notice the difference though. For climbing over you have more grip with the bulkhead than with a seat in front though that’s primarily a benefit for who would otherwise be in front of you.

The other difference between bulkhead and other seats is the shared magazine pocket between the two footwells but I can’t imagine that being a big deal.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
A350

First time flying the A350 from MUC-TLV this Friday in Y, Expertflyer shows most of row 28 as blocked (for all A350 MUC-BOS flights)...does any one know how it's possible to get 28A\K?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:40 am

Flying in row 1 on LH 747-400.
I understand that there are no overhead lockers for that row. We won't be carrying 'cabin-max' cases but probably small holdall (flight bag) or small backpack.
Is there anywhere in that row to store small bags in order to avoid accessing other row's overhead lockers during the flight?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Carnforth
Flying in row 1 on LH 747-400.
I understand that there are no overhead lockers for that row. We won't be carrying 'cabin-max' cases but probably small holdall (flight bag) or small backpack.
Is there anywhere in that row to store small bags in order to avoid accessing other row's overhead lockers during the flight?
No problem, smaller bags and backpacks will fit under the footrest.
Carnforth likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:00 pm

Thanks for that; do LH CC allow small bags to be under the bulkhead footrests for take-off and landing?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Question A330 Business

Hi all,

flying on LH415 IAD-MUC, 330-300 with 2-class config. I have the choice between 11A/K and 5K. It seems that 5K is close to galley and lav, while row 11 is directly in front of PE. Any experience and advice?

Thanks,
haggis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.