Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/OS Seating Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No, according to the seat map I don't think your flight will have any premium economy seats.
Ok. Thank you for the clarification!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:52 am

Hello,

I am flying with LH 446 to DEN on June 14 and LH 447 on June 19. It seems that on the 744, this is a high density Eco configuration without Y+. I chose aisle seats in row 24 and 43 on the way back. Is this an acceptable choice as no exit seats are available?

Thanks
Thomas
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:07 am

744/748 Last Three Rows in Y

Hi
I will be flying Y onboard LHs 744 and 748. I'm considering reserving a window seat in one of the last three rows, because; you only have one seat mate, and theres that gap between the window seat and the actual window.
My question though, is the gap wide enough for me to stretch out one of my legs? I figured this might be a way to get some good legroom without havint to pay $100 for an exit row.
Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Not sure where to post this but I have two itineraries coming up which involve shorthaul LH and OS flights in Economy. Both were booked on LH.com.

One includes two segments on OS with OS flight numbers. The other also includes two segments on OS but with LH flight numbers. I didn't choose the flight numbers. They are what LH.com offered me.

LH.com allowed me to assign seats on OS flights with LH flight numbers but I cannot assign seats on OS flights with OS flight numbers. The reservations for which I cannot reserve seats are actually in a higher booking class.

Perhaps all this will be irrelevant after the end of September when the new European fare concepts kick in. Does anyone know OS ASR rules in Economy? Will they change after the end of September?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 24, 2015 at 5:12 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Have you tried assigning seats on OS web?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Yes, when I retrieve my booking on austrian.com there is no option to do anything other than to print the screen and send booking info by email. The booking class is Q. On LH.com I get the message 'Seat reservations are not allowed on this flight.'
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Hi all,
In anticipation my first LH flight, I am trying to figure out where to sit in Business.

Flight #1 is an A380 (rows 10-24 with the galley behind 20). We didn't have any idea if it mattered where, so we went with 18. But there are lots of options still open - should we get the last few rows, does it feel more personal or 'forgotten' by the crew? Noisier? is it still true that food is back-to-front?

Flight #2 is a 744 (finally all upgraded to the new business class, just in time). My wife and I like flying upstairs and have 83 booked, but almost the entire upper deck is currently available so I could move if there is a preferred selection. In the BA forum there is talk of the 'golden J seats' and we took advantage of that last year. Wondering if LH has something similar?

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by Gig103; Sep 20, 2015 at 1:44 am
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:06 am

Not sure where to post this but I have two itineraries coming up which involve shorthaul LH and OS flights in Economy. Both were booked on LH.com.

One includes two segments on OS with OS flight numbers. The other also includes two segments on OS but with LH flight numbers. I didn't choose the flight numbers. They are what LH.com offered me.

LH.com allowed me to assign seats on OS flights with LH flight numbers but I cannot assign seats on OS flights with OS flight numbers. The reservations for which I cannot reserve seats are actually in a higher booking class.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Yes, when I retrieve my booking on austrian.com there is no option to do anything other than to print the screen and send booking info by email. The booking class is Q. On LH.com I get the message 'Seat reservations are not allowed on this flight.'
I can report back on what actually happened on OS segments with OS flight numbers.

I believe OS OLCI starts 48 hours before departure. I could check in for my flights but still couldn't assign seats. The first leg was on LH so I tried OLCI on LH.com (usually possible without having to wait until T-23) but still couldn't assign seats on OS flights.

Then I received my 'ready for check-in' email from LH, followed the link and was able to assign seats on OS flights (or change pre-assigned seats which I could not see before).
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:11 pm

baby bassinet in LH A320/321 C/CL and LH A380 F/CL

Hi,
my search didn't find any result:
If booking business class on Lufthansa European flights (mainly A320 and A321), are there baby bassinets available in row 1/2?

Furthermore, I was initially thinking of booking an extra seat for my infant, even if he is younger then 2 years, in economy class in order to sit him into a car seat. Now I was wondering if it would be allowed to place him onto the free middle seat in business class, or if I would have to buy an extra seat in business class as well?

Any further suggestions for travelling with infants in Europe?

Regarding seating in A380 first class I was told that the baby bassinet will be placed onto the ottoman in front of ones own seat. That would mean that the length of the bed would be significantly reduced. So it might be even better to book business class. Does anyone have experience or insights into this?

Any help is very much appreciated!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:08 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SebFra
Hi,
my search didn't find any result:
If booking business class on Lufthansa European flights (mainly A320 and A321), are there baby bassinets available in row 1/2?

Furthermore, I was initially thinking of booking an extra seat for my infant, even if he is younger then 2 years, in economy class in order to sit him into a car seat. Now I was wondering if it would be allowed to place him onto the free middle seat in business class, or if I would have to buy an extra seat in business class as well?

Any further suggestions for travelling with infants in Europe?

Regarding seating in A380 first class I was told that the baby bassinet will be placed onto the ottoman in front of ones own seat. That would mean that the length of the bed would be significantly reduced. So it might be even better to book business class. Does anyone have experience or insights into this?

Any help is very much appreciated!
If you have both seats in the row in has never been an issue to use the free middle seat for the baby.

Not sure about the bassinet placement in the A380, anyhow due to the flexibility in service, I would definately recommend to fly F instead of C.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by SebFra

Originally Posted by peter42
If you have both seats in the row in has never been an issue to use the free middle seat for the baby.
Bear in mind that the front rows (1-3) of the A321 have the middle seats blocked with a table/shelf.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
No bassinets on A32S/B737 at all, only on widebodies. On regional flights you can place the infant in the free seat between you (anywhere, be it C or Y), using car seats is generally not advised as the car seats are usually not certified for use on aircraft. If you want to just place the baby in the maxicosi to sleep during the flight it should be OK, but not during takeoff/landing.

The F cabin is odd for the bassinet, you are better advised to keep the baby beside you, the bed is wide enough.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The F cabin is odd for the bassinet, you are better advised to keep the baby beside you, the bed is wide enough.
Can anyone comment on that? I was told by the LH M&M Call Centre that in F on B748i, 2K is the "bassinet seat". How does the bassinet look like / is it worth having 2K (and 1 or 3K to go with it) while travelling as a couple with infant, instead of 1AK or 3DG pair that I'd probably prefer?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Yesterday I was on 2K on an A330 due to a family emergency and yes, they have a fitting there to attach a standard LH bassinet there, so I have to correct myself.

The FA said they have special hardware adapters to make it fit there and it occupies the entire ottoman/bench area.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How good is seat 1A + 1K on the B748 when traveling together? Also how bothersome is the closet that sits in front of those seats, e.g if there's a lot of running from the crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.