Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH2387 Business Class Geneve to Munich; then LH730 First Class Munich to HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH2387 Business Class Geneve to Munich; then LH730 First Class Munich to HKG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
What a hostile place the world has become

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Indeed :-).

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why is this an issue? Business Class on European flights allows you to check 2 bags up to 32kg each plus 2 pieces of carry-on baggage. In First Class you can check 3 bags up to 32kg each.
Because the OP was afraid the F limit doesn't extend to the feeder flight and the over zealous stuff might consider a >17lbs bag an extra piece to check in.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why is this an issue? Business Class on European flights allows you to check 2 bags up to 32kg each plus 2 pieces of carry-on baggage. In First Class you can check 3 bags up to 32kg each.

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...en&cid=1000243
Exactly. If you travel on two different tickets you will have 2 x 32 kg GVZ-MUC. If it is one ticket then you have 3 x 32 kg (because of the F flight). Star gold would give you one extra piece in any case.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
I suspect if the thought of regularly having 17+ pound bags with you makes you think of an orthopedic consultation then you're already have quite the medical history.
That's the equivalent of a six pack of large water battles. Something people grab from the store on a weekly basis - at least if they shop themselves that is.
I've never seen people hanging six-packs of water bottles on their shoulders. Oh, yes, apologies for already having these problems.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Exactly. If you travel on two different tickets you will have 2 x 32 kg GVZ-MUC. If it is one ticket then you have 3 x 32 kg (because of the F flight). Star gold would give you one extra piece in any case.
may i know how i can tell if it's one ticket or two tickets please? thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Dualmonitors
if you booked as one trip, it's one ticket.

only if you made two separate bookings, it would be two.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:21 am

Look at the ticket numbers in your reservation. If you only have one number it is one ticket for sure. If you see multiple numbers you need to check if the flights are on the same ticket. Travel Agents can combine multiple tickets in one reservation, but this is a rare case (like combining round the world tickets with sidetrips). If you booked this as a standard one way or round trip then most likely it is one ticket.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

packed and weighed my 2 suitcases for check-in, and the roller on and my backpack, just to get an idea.

1 suitcase (full sized large suitcase) 57 pounds

1 suitcase (full sized large suitcase) 45 pounds

Roller on 18 pounds

Backpack (laptop inside) 12 pounds
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
packed and weighed my 2 suitcases for check-in, and the roller on and my backpack, just to get an idea.

1 suitcase (full sized large suitcase) 57 pounds

1 suitcase (full sized large suitcase) 45 pounds

Roller on 18 pounds

Backpack (laptop inside) 12 pounds
On a small plane the issue is the rolla bag. If it is too big to fit under the seat you will have to gate check it. There is no other option. If it can't fit in the cabin it goes in the hold. You have to pack accordingly.

Check in at your point of origin will see you are connecting to first clas, and will issue you with onward boarding passes. You're not going to have a problem with luggage in that respect.

Cabin bags for premium are not weighed, or at least have never been on any of my LH or LX flights. My large rolla bag would weigh anywhere up to 25-30 pounds. It goes overhead if there's space or gate checked on small CRJs.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:12 am

They normally do not really 'gate check', they just tag them as 'delivery at the aircraft' which means you drop them off at the stairs and get them back at the stairs.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by fassy
They normally do not really 'gate check', they just tag them as 'delivery at the aircraft' which means you drop them off at the stairs and get them back at the stairs.
Yes. That's what I mean by 'gate check'. Drop off and delivery at aircraft door.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Yes. That's what I mean by 'gate check'. Drop off and delivery at aircraft door.
Strictly speaking, gate check means giving it up at the gate counter and getting it back at the belt. What you meant is really DAA.

In both cases, the thread starter needs a bag he would be prepared to give up for hold transport and another one he hangs on to.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
I've never seen people hanging six-packs of water bottles on their shoulders. Oh, yes, apologies for already having these problems.
I have never seen people hang a rollaboard on their shoulders either.
Why apologize?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

thank you all, again, for such precise, helpful comments. i would never have known such granular detailed information if not for the highly informed, here-to-be-helpful folks here. really, thank you again.

so, in summary:

- my 2 large check-in suitcases are not an issue as i'm traveling 1-hr on Business Class, and many more hours on First Class, as they are both less than 70 pounds. is that correct?

- my 2 carry on items: (1) roller on suitcase (small) - this should be packed so that i can part with it at the staircase area, where they would move it from my hands to the belly of the small CRJ regional jet, and return it to me as i disembark the plane, right? (2) my laptop backpack - this would be allowed on the passenger cabin with me as this is smaller than the roller on suitcase. so this is not an issue.

as such, i should pack things accordingly, so my laptop backpack should have all my most essential items, i.e. my laptop.

is my understanding accurate? thank you.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:57 pm

Correct.

thank you all, again, for such precise, helpful comments. i would never have known such granular detailed information if not for the highly informed, here-to-be-helpful folks here. really, thank you again.

so, in summary:

- my 2 large check-in suitcases are not an issue as i'm traveling 1-hr on Business Class, and many more hours on First Class, as they are both less than 70 pounds. is that correct?

- my 2 carry on items: (1) roller on suitcase (small) - this should be packed so that i can part with it at the staircase area, where they would move it from my hands to the belly of the small CRJ regional jet, and return it to me as i disembark the plane, right? (2) my laptop backpack - this would be allowed on the passenger cabin with me as this is smaller than the roller on suitcase. so this is not an issue.

as such, i should pack things accordingly, so my laptop backpack should have all my most essential items, i.e. my laptop.

is my understanding accurate? thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.