Wiki Posts
Search

Swissport ground staff on strike at BRU

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Swissport ground staff on strike at BRU

As of Tuesday morning 8/22, Swissport baggage handlers and ramp staff have been on strike. Apparently the strike is continuing today. I checked in for a SN flight at 9:00 before the strike began, boarded, and the plane left after a long delay (due to minimal ramp staff) without any bags.

What a disaster - a vacation with no luggage for the foreseeable future. Does anyone have experience with filing a claim with SN for reimbursement of expenses for new clothes, toiletries, etc? As I understand it, one exception to the EU rules that require compensation is that the airline isn't required to compensate in case of strike. Also, how is the amount determined?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
As I understand it, one exception to the EU rules that require compensation is that the airline isn't required to compensate in case of strike.
It depends on the exact nature of the strike - and it affects only article 7 (compensation due to cancellation). Your monetary losses due to reasonable replacement purchases have to be compensated by SN nonetheless, regardless of the cause.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1k
Guess I won the lottery again today. Flew in on UA950 from IAD, connecting to SN2037 to BHX.

Announced when we arrived BRU that there wasn't a crew at present to offload the aircraft. SN2037 was then late departing because they were offloading the luggage from the previous flight.

Thought there was no hope of seeing my case at BHX, but somehow it was one of few that got onto the aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.