Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH OLCI refusing A3 number

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
LH OLCI refusing A3 number

Strange problem for the Lufthansa group experts on here. I have a booking tomorrow with Swiss from FAO to ZRH. This is part of a 724 (swiss) plated ticket FAO-ZRH-MUC-FAO in Eco Classic, booking class H. My A3*G number is in the reservation.

The FAO to ZRH sector is LX8299, "Operated by Swiss International Airlines for Edelweiss". OLCI from swiss.com passes me to the lh.com site which promptly spits me out claiming the booking reference is unknown. Adding the ticket number allows me to check in but contains no frequent flyer number and when entering my Miles&Bonus number it tells me it cannot be verified.

Not having my A3 number accepted limits my choice of seats to middle seats despite being Seq. 0001 and *G.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Might have something to do with Edelweiss not being in Star Alliance, and because the flight is being operated "for Edelweiss" it's not a Star flight, even if it is Swiss metal
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Might have something to do with Edelweiss not being in Star Alliance, and because the flight is being operated "for Edelweiss" it's not a Star flight, even if it is Swiss metal
My ticket contains an LX flight number and the flight is on Star Alliance metal.

I have been caught out previously when booking this route on an LX number and Edelweiss metal. There I knew I would not get A3 credit, but this is an LX codeshare of WK flight on LX metal. Stupidly complicated for a start, but surely following the rules I should get credit. No?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
My ticket contains an LX flight number and the flight is on Star Alliance metal.

I have been caught out previously when booking this route on an LX number and Edelweiss metal.
My guess is that it is some sort of WK flight wet-leased to LX, which doesn't count as proper LX metal.

Definitely over-complicated but since this flight number LX8299 doesn't even grant status miles on M&M (see earning on Swiss), I wouldn't expect miles posting to A3.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fereke
My guess is that it is some sort of WK flight wet-leased to LX, which doesn't count as proper LX metal.

Definitely over-complicated but since this flight number LX8299 doesn't even grant status miles on M&M (see earning on Swiss), I wouldn't expect miles posting to A3.
So LX codeshare flight, operated by WK, wet-leased from LX. WK serves no purpose in that setup.

It does feel constructed this way to avoid granting FFP or partner benefits. Such a shame AB, their only competition on this route, is going out of business.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Sometimes TA enter the FFP number in incorrect format. It is not possible to remove it using LH manage booking , and OLCI.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Flight LX8299 is the codeshare for the operating flight WK299 (no *A). LX operates as wet-lease this flight, but operating flight stays a WK flight. No miles with A3 M&B.

That's quite normal... WK flies as wet lease for LX and LX does the same for WK...

It does feel constructed this way to avoid granting FFP or partner benefits. Such a shame AB, their only competition on this route, is going out of business.
No. YOU booked a flight operated bz WK and have been informed about it in the booking process.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold

I have been caught out previously when booking this route on an LX number and Edelweiss metal. There I knew I would not get A3 credit, but this is an LX codeshare of WK flight on LX metal. Stupidly complicated for a start, but surely following the rules I should get credit. No?
I would say no. It is an Edelweiss flight operated by LX as a wet lease and LX puts a codeshare on it. Even as a Miles and More member you are earning award miles only on LX8000-LX8499 but no Status miles, no HON Circle miles and no Executive Bonus. This is obviously not a Swiss flight but an Edelweiss holiday flight. Given that, you will get zero as a Gyros Gold.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I would say no. It is an Edelweiss flight operated by LX as a wet lease and LX puts a codeshare on it. Even as a Miles and More member you are earning award miles only on LX8000-LX8499 but no Status miles, no HON Circle miles and no Executive Bonus. This is obviously not a Swiss flight but an Edelweiss holiday flight. Given that, you will get zero as a Gyros Gold.
Same situation like when Kraut Golds complain about not getting benefits on OA flights code-shared by A3 and flown by wet-leased A3 planes.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Same situation like when Kraut Golds complain about not getting benefits on OA flights code-shared by A3 and flown by wet-leased A3 planes.
Excellent reply. I will never understand the snark.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Well, recognizing I fell foul of another LH group trick I was not yet wise to, I proffered my shiny Miles&More FTL card at the gate and asked for credit. Was told the system response was "No agreement". So, yes it was a WK flight, but I booked a LX code on the LX website and flew on LX metal. I will not do that again, which is a shame, since the flight was quite ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.