New flynet fare 'messaging'

Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
New flynet fare 'messaging'

Haven't seen it here - flynet now has an option 'messaging'. 5 euros for 24 hours (intercontinental flights) so just like the existing full flight option but capped at 150k
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:49 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by daumueller
Haven't seen it here - flynet now has an option 'messaging'. 5 euros for 24 hours (intercontinental flights) so just like the existing full flight option but capped at 150k
The problem will be: how do I tell my phone not to download any images or attempt any kind of update while it is connected to the internet via WiFi... 150k will be gone immediately if my phone thinks it's time to check anything while it's connected through WiFi.

HTB.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by htb
The problem will be: how do I tell my phone not to download any images or attempt any kind of update while it is connected to the internet via WiFi... 150k will be gone immediately if my phone thinks it's time to check anything while it's connected through WiFi.

HTB.
150k bandwidth, sorry for not being more specific

so it's slow but it is unlimited (except today where the plane 'lost' the satellite and it never came back)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G)
150 Kbps would be like EDGE speed on a mobile - sufficient for mail, messaging, and mobile web sites. Actually, my last fully paid Flynet access did not feel much faster.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Jack Vroom
150 Kbps would be like EDGE speed on a mobile - sufficient for mail, messaging, and mobile web sites. Actually, my last fully paid Flynet access did not feel much faster.

Yep,fully paid Flynet is sometimes quite slow. I am wondering whether it is afactor of the number of users on the plane or simply a technicalissue with respect to the connection with the satellites.

Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
What about either telling your phone to do so or using a Blackberry? Not a problem for me. And it is certainly not LH's fault if you are cellphoningly challenged.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: M&M FTL AEGEAN Gold HH Gold
it works fine for me

I'm currently on this. It's good enough for me. I avoided flynet up to now, because I don't need much Internet and didn't think it's worth it. But 5 Euro, i can justify.
Bzw you don't see this offer until you try to buy internet. And as usual it did take me several
tries to complete the deal.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kl_rocket
Bzw you don't see this offer until you try to buy internet. And as usual it did take me several
tries to complete the deal.
It sounds like the new(ish) Flynet on short/medium-haul flights. Available tariffs are listed on p.84 of this month's Lufthansa Magazine (see below). I was on an A319 a few days ago which showed the Wifi symbol on the flight status page when I checked in online but there seems to have been an equipment change and there was no Flynet on the flight. Flynet tariffs on longhaul flights appear to remain the same though they are talking about seamless access on longhaul and shorthaul flights. More information may be found on LH website for longhaul and shorthaul services.
Attached Images   
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:08 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
What about either telling your phone to do so or using a Blackberry? Not a problem for me. And it is certainly not LH's fault if you are cellphoningly challenged.
I think my concern has been answered without resorting to the polemic. Thank you, daumueller.

HTB.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 9:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The chat option with 150kpbs is free right now, with an ad from Axa:

Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
same as on AF.

Oliver this is long haul or also applies for european flights?

Thanks,

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The chat option with 150kpbs is free right now, with an ad from Axa:

Old Aug 3, 2021, 3:41 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This was on an A319 flight inside Europe today.
more4less likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.