Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa and middle seat armrests

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:52 pm

You cannot be serious

Originally Posted by mevr
From my 20+ years experience as a traveler, I've always found that the passenger in the middle seat gets access to both armrests since the passengers on the aisle and window have extra space, they can lean "outwards" of the seat, while the passenger in the middle has the least shoulder space. If not full access, then occasionally access to both.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mevr
If it's shared, then aisle&window passengers have 1 1/2 armrests and the middle seat has 2 halves. Do you realize that all those seats cost the same? Yet you're coming here saying that it's shared and completely acceptable that the guy in the middle gets the shaft? More like a shared shaft. Come on!
I just imagine you started such penny pitching discussion with the FA. You could have found yourself in the position of the unruly PIA passenger. Just avoid the middle seat. And better avoid exit seats -> the window seat has no armrest.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I just imagine you started such penny pitching discussion with the FA. You could have found yourself in the position of the unruly PIA passenger. Just avoid the middle seat. And better avoid exit seats -> the window seat has no armrest.
I didn't penny pitch anything, and "just avoid the middle seat" doesn't address the issue that passengers face while sitting in it. That's all I'm really asking here, why are middle seat passengers given the middle finger by the airlines.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's really not the FA's job to be policing this. They have important things to do.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's really not the FA's job to be policing this. They have important things to do.
Right. FAs are no kindergarten teachers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
FAs are no kindergarten teachers.
Of course not, for that they'd need more than a high school diploma.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.