Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT compensation for several delayed luggage (30+ days)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Lowest level possible
LOT compensation for several delayed luggage (30+ days)?

My bag disappeared after a transatlantic flight and since my last, intra-European, flight was on LOT, they are the ones handling the claim.
I filed the missing luggage report immediately after landing at my destination, but nothing much happened and I never received any updates.
After a couple of weeks I filed the "luggage lost, please pay for the bag and the stuff inside it" report to LOT, and filled out their luggage inventory document and provided receipts, itineraries, luggage tag numbers, etc.

Earlier this week I received an email that they had found my bag (after more than a month) and that it would be delivered to me.
Is there any compensation due, other than reimbursement for clothes and consumables I needed to purchase to replace the stuff that was in my luggage?
I thought the policy was that if a bag is lost for more than 21 days, it's considered permanently lost and the airline would reimburse me for the bag and its contents? But now that they claim to have found it, things obviously change.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:16 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Reasonable expenses due to delayed luggage are usually refunded. Airlines have insurance for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.