Lounge access for my parents if I give them my SEN card and BP?

Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by worldclubber
I do not want to say that I find the OP's plan acceptable, but I have accessed hundreds of lounges and never ever has anybody asked for a photo ID.

My suggestion would be to just spend the 40 Euros and feel good about it. Between the three of them that's less than 15 Euros per person for all you can eat and drink. A bargain.
Well I guess photo ID for lounge access is more common in the US but I've never been asked there as well.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Well I guess photo ID for lounge access is more common in the US but I've never been asked there as well.
Neither have I. Have been to about 10 lounges in North America this year already and nobody ever asked for a photo ID.

An explanation may be that I am *G and this is indicated on the BP. May be different for people who are, for example, paying United Club members. The lounge dragons may want to make sure that the person who uses the lounge is actually the paying customer.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sol95
I guess what you could do is ask if you can have your parents stay in the lounge instead of you, and then you just go to another lounge...
Never in a million years.

(Especially with Lufthansa), the only chance of success would be to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Quite a lot of risk to save a few Euros. Either pay 40 Euro, take only one guest or stay outside alltogether. LH is not stupid. If they catch you, your card will be cut in 2 Parts.
While I can agree with sentences, 1,2, and 4, I really don't know about number 3 sometimes.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by Grog
Never in a million years.

(Especially with Lufthansa), the only chance of success would be to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

While I can agree with sentences, 1,2, and 4, I really don't know about number 3 sometimes.
Point taken. LH makes quite a lot of irrational business decisions. On the other hand they are very good in spotting fraud and maximizing. Loopholes will be closed and the majority has to suffer. So do not complain when lounge access will be further limited and ID checks will be introduced. We know who to blame!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Point taken. LH makes quite a lot of irrational business decisions. On the other hand they are very good in spotting fraud and maximizing. Loopholes will be closed and the majority has to suffer. So do not complain when lounge access will be further limited and ID checks will be introduced. We know who to blame!
I would not complain about ID checks. I complain of lack of sufficient seating in the lounge. Of Cityline planes on a longhaul trip which are then parked remotely, feeling like we're 10 kilometers away from the terminal. Of slow and improper luggage handling. Paid seat reservations on eco lite as part of a poor SEN program in general.

ID check at the lounge? No problem.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:02 pm

I wouldn't risk it. As others have stated already, it's fraudulent, if catched it very probably means your M&M account will be terminated.

Chance you (your father) gets caught are slim, but definitely not non-existing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.