Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge in Boston [BOS]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Lufthansa lounge in Boston [BOS]

Terminal E in BOS has undergone renovations, icluding adding three new lounges connected to A380-capable gates. The lounges are for BA, EK and LH. They are on level 4, which is one level up from the main departures level. They also include the ability to boad directly from the lounge.

According to Lufthansa.com, the LH lounge was supposed to open in late February. Does anyone know if it has opened yet? The gates are open, and the BA lounge opened last week.

Anyone have more information or perhaps some pictures?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by will2288
Terminal E in BOS has undergone renovations, icluding adding three new lounges connected to A380-capable gates. The lounges are for BA, EK and LH. They are on level 4, which is one level up from the main departures level. They also include the ability to boad directly from the lounge.

According to Lufthansa.com, the LH lounge was supposed to open in late February. Does anyone know if it has opened yet? The gates are open, and the BA lounge opened last week.

Anyone have more information or perhaps some pictures?
I would like to second this question, esp. given the renovated BA lounge in BOS! The LH website mentions something about pre-flight dining for F passengers in the Terminal E lounge on Level 4?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:56 pm

I did some more research, and I think the new lounge is open! There is Pre-Flight Dining (like the one in JFK) for F and HON members. It's not quite as large as the 16,000 sq ft JFK lounge but doubles the old lounge size and comes in around 7,000 sq ft.

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....nge-in-boston/

corporate-wage-slave took this photo of the lounge listing sign over on the BA forum, and it shows that the new LH lounge is open (and on the 4th floor).

Videos of new lounge dedication:

Last edited by iluvdoco; Mar 29, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Due to a diversion of LH415, I had the the 'pleasure' of visiting the new lounge last week and its really nice and large. As mentioned above its just one big lounge now, with a separate nook for F pax (who use the 748 FRA flight). You can board gates E10 thru 12 from there directly.

Sadly the lounge was super full, not one seat to be had around 4pm thanks to the departure of the FRA (the diverted MUC) and CPH flights. I stood around for a while hoping to get a seat and then abandoned my visit and went downstairs again. Food and drink are the standard US lounge fare, on par with IAD and DTW.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Due to a diversion of LH415, I had the the 'pleasure' of visiting the new lounge last week and its really nice and large. As mentioned above its just one big lounge now, with a separate nook for F pax (who use the 748 FRA flight). You can board gates E10 thru 12 from there directly.
Thanks for the info. Nice to hear there is an F area. There is F on the FRA and ZRH flights (which are 2x daily in the summer). Is it the same access rules as a SEN lounge?

Are you sure there is lounge boarding to all three A380 gates? Someone on the BA thread said the BA lounge could only board to E12. It would be nice if you could board to all three gates, otherwise some flights could not use the feature. For example, this summer both LX flights leave at about the same time that a FRA flight leaves.

Hopefully we can get some pictures soon. I won't be there until July.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:46 pm

Sadly the lounge was super full, not one seat to be had around 4pm thanks to the departure of the FRA (the diverted MUC) and CPH flights. I stood around for a while hoping to get a seat and then abandoned my visit and went downstairs again. Food and drink are the standard US lounge fare, on par with IAD and DTW.
Funny enough SK has a deal with AF to use their lounge for the SK J-cabin passengers in BOS. The LH Lounge (both the old and the new one) did send me away 'due to overcrowding' I should use the AF lounge a couple of times even thought *G should give access.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:04 pm

Thanks oliver2002! Any truth to F passengers having a la carte dining options?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The F section is only F, no *G/SEN stuff. Its truly tiny in comparison to the rest of the lounge. Didn't venture in there, so no clue about F preflight dining.

When its time to board, you go down a level and could board E10 and/or E11 for sure.

Re SAS: the signage after security clearly directs Lufthansa and SAS pax to the LH lounge, mostly all others to the AF lounge. Of course BA and VS point you to their own lounge.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:06 pm

Re SAS: the signage after security clearly directs Lufthansa and SAS pax to the LH lounge, mostly all others to the AF lounge. Of course BA and VS point you to their own lounge.
Good to know, then with the opening of the new lounge the must have changed the deal. The AF lounge was quite convenient since SK usually departs at E1/E2 close to the AF lounge.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:07 pm
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
boston new lounge

Tomorrow I will be flying via Boston, does the new lounge is open, if so do they have showers?

thanks for the replay
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
A simple search "Boston Lounge" would have turned up this new thread from a couple of days ago http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ge-boston.html and/or you could have looked at the LH website

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Apr 10, 2017 at 4:09 am Reason: added website link
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:36 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Thanks I read it all no place mentioned if there are shower there. Any one?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by ym1
Thanks I read it all no place mentioned if there are shower there. Any one?
No showers:
http://www.staralliance.com/de/web/s.../lounge-finder
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Has anyone else been able to use the F portion of the lounge? I'm curious to see if it is up to the JFK Wining and Dining standards. I tried Googling people's trip reports but it seems no one has really written about the lounge in general other than some travel magazines.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
LH Lounge

*Gold flying UA domestic. How far is the LH lounge from the UA gates and are they connected in the sterile area? Thanks and Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.