Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First vs. Asiana

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Lufthansa First vs. Asiana

Hey guys - I am currently booked on Asiana First from ICN-LAX. I have the option of flying the other way via Lufthansa but it does add a lot of travel time. Thoughts on Lufthansa vs. Asiana first? Is it significantly better that I should make an effort to fly?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:58 pm

Easy, fly Asiana F to Frankfurt and Lufthansa F to LAX and compare yourself :-).
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by mimo123
Hey guys - I am currently booked on Asiana First from ICN-LAX. I have the option of flying the other way via Lufthansa but it does add a lot of travel time. Thoughts on Lufthansa vs. Asiana first? Is it significantly better that I should make an effort to fly?

Thanks!
In my opinion both products are very good.
I don't like the LH 748 in row 3 and 4, seats are too close to each other. Also The two middle seats on the 3x0 have a somewhat smaller footrest.
Wha is your intention? Getting from A to B: Asiana. Going on a 'cruise' and experiencing the FCL/FCT in FRA: LH
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Lack
Easy, fly Asiana F to Frankfurt and Lufthansa F to LAX and compare yourself :-).
I believe FT membership will be revoked if you do not choose this option

But seriously, I think the real question here is whether you want to spend 10 hours or 30 hours traveling from ICN to LAX.

How much caviar can you eat?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
In my opinion both products are very good.
I don't like the LH 748 in row 3 and 4, seats are too close to each other. Also The two middle seats on the 3x0 have a somewhat smaller footrest.
Wha is your intention? Getting from A to B: Asiana. Going on a 'cruise' and experiencing the FCL/FCT in FRA: LH
Where is row 4 in LH 748i F? Only seats there that are close are in row 3 mid seats.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Where is row 4 in LH 748i F? Only seats there that are close are in row 3 mid seats.
Sorry, you are right. Row 3 only of course. The aisles are very small, the footrests smaller than on the other seats.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH SEN
I find Asiana a little bit claustrophobic and prefer Lufthansa. But you should obviously try both and draw your own conclusions.

I like seat 1K. No particular reason. It just feels like home or something.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
I would LF just for the variety. No need to duplicate the experience in both directions. But both are good hard and soft product..
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I believe FT membership will be revoked if you do not choose this option

But seriously, I think the real question here is whether you want to spend 10 hours or 30 hours traveling from ICN to LAX.

How much caviar can you eat?
LOL! And +1.

As others have said, both airlines are very good in F. I've read a few complaints in other forums about LH F service going downhill, but nothing to the point of dissuading me from flying LH F if I have the chance.

If you have the time and somehow the cost in miles or $$ is the same, I'd take the long way home for at least three reasons:

1. Having taken the ICN-LAX flight in F, I actually found 10 hours a bit short for fully enjoying it.
2. If it's a long enough layover, you get to enjoy the LH FRA F terminal.
3. You get to compare the two products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.