Lufthansa Lounge access at EWR and FRA

Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus Plat, IHG Spire, Hilton,Miles&More
Lufthansa Lounge access at EWR and FRA

We will be traveling with another couple this October from EWR-FRA-TLV booked through United (as MilegePlus Members) codeshared flying Business on Lufthansa 748i. My wife and I are flying Business class. I'm also *Gold. Our friends are flying coach.
As we are both flying Business and should gain access to the Lounge, will I be able to invite one of my friends and pay for the other to join us in the lounge at EWR?
Also, we have a 2.5 hour layover in FRA, how would this arrangement work out?
Thank you for your suggestions!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SilverElite
We will be traveling with another couple this October from EWR-FRA-TLV booked through United (as MilegePlus Members) codeshared flying Business on Lufthansa 748i. My wife and I are flying Business class. I'm also *Gold. Our friends are flying coach.
As we are both flying Business and should gain access to the Lounge, will I be able to invite one of my friends and pay for the other to join us in the lounge at EWR?
As a *G you can invite one guest into a Senator or Business Lounge. You wife will have access to a Business Lounge with her Business BP but cannot invite a guest. Only M&M's status customers can purchase lounge access for additional guests, so I'm afraid there is no way all four of you can access a Lufthansa lounge either in EWR or FRA.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Can he go to this forum and ask anyone with a M and M status or Star Alliance Gold status who might be there in the same terminal building's senator or business lounge at that time to sponsor that fourth person in the group (ie the second of the 2 people of the couple flying in the economy section).

Another thing - and as a top tier member of Air Canada/Aeroplan - even I do not know the answer to this question - can a one day pass be bought for the AC MLL, if one is not flying onwards on AC. Of course, they would have to be flying from Terminal B to access the Air Canada's MLL lounge.

Another option if all 4 want to access a lounge - they can access Priority Pass lounges for a fee - even if none of the 4 are Priority Pass members: I just looked at their web site for Priority Pass lounges at Frankfurt airport:

Lounges in
Frankfurt Main

Luxx Lounge
Terminal 1

Air France Lounge
Terminal 2

Sky Lounge
Terminal 2

I guess one option is 2 (or even 3) of the people go to the Senator lounge on a non-paid basis, and the remaining 1 or 2 people go the Priority Pass lounge on a paid basis.

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Mar 27, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:42 pm

M&M members can use points for Busines and Senator Lounge (LH) Vouchers.
Maybe someone can "provide" you a lounge voucher
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Flights from EWR usually arrive at a Z gate but a B gate arrival is planned for tomorrow. Flights to TLV always depart from gate C13. Wherever the EWR flight arrives you will have a long walk to C (take the Skyline train to B/C first if you arrive in Z), with security between B and C, and an additional check for TLV flights before the gate.

If your layover is 2.5 hours it doesn't leave much time for a lounge and it certainly isn't worth paying for an hour in a lounge. According to Frankfurt Airport's map there are some cafes and bars near C gates.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:25 pm

While being in a lounge is usually better than waiting with a bunch of people at the gate, the lounges at EWR (business or Senator) and the ones at FRA that you have access to (so not the FCT or FCLs) are nothing to write home about so I wouldn't be too bummed about not being able to squeeze all your guests in. You're better off getting to EWR without too much time before your flight and sitting at a decent bar/restaurant and in FRA doing some (window) shopping and perhaps grab an Apfelstrudel!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:54 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by NYC1
While being in a lounge is usually better than waiting with a bunch of people at the gate, the lounges at EWR (business or Senator) and the ones at FRA that you have access to (so not the FCT or FCLs) are nothing to write home about so I wouldn't be too bummed about not being able to squeeze all your guests in. You're better off getting to EWR without too much time before your flight and sitting at a decent bar/restaurant and in FRA doing some (window) shopping and perhaps grab an Apfelstrudel!
I concur with the comments about both the lounges referenced and the activities at FRA. There's actually some not bad food at a couple of the places there that can make for a decent layover.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Flights from EWR usually arrive at a Z gate but a B gate arrival is planned for tomorrow. Flights to TLV always depart from gate C13. Wherever the EWR flight arrives you will have a long walk to C (take the Skyline train to B/C first if you arrive in Z), with security between B and C, and an additional check for TLV flights before the gate.

If your layover is 2.5 hours it doesn't leave much time for a lounge and it certainly isn't worth paying for an hour in a lounge. According to Frankfurt Airport's map there are some cafes and bars near C gates.
If you want to get some food before the flight, it's better to grab something in the B/Z area. IIRC C13 (after passing the extra security) has only a small food cart and the other C gates don't have decent food options near them.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, AMEX Plat (Marriott Gold), AMEX Hilton Aspire (Hilton Diamond)
if you have an extra guest i'm sure you can pay for access. i know for sure that's the case with boston. they even sell lounge access to all passengers for $20
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by dpy940307
if you have an extra guest i'm sure you can pay for access. i know for sure that's the case with boston. they even sell lounge access to all passengers for $20
Taking this at face value, it should tell everyone how good the experience of going to this lounge is...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by SilverElite
For EWR, the lounge is on the smaller side for a lounge, so it can fill up before the flights leave. FRA are larger, but always appear filled when I am there.

I think of Lufthansa lounges as similar to being in a Panera Bread with a buffet and some booze. It is better than hanging at the gate, but not necessarily better than being at a restaurant in the airport unless you want to eat a lot and drink alot. There are some airport lounge related websites that show pictures of the inside of these lounges if you are really curious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.