Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have M&M LH F awards recently been restricted?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold
Have M&M LH F awards recently been restricted?

Hi,

Seems like the last time I looked (6 months ago?) I could find plenty of F from US West or Asia to FRA...

Now I can barely find anything. I think I search the whole year for SFO-FRA.Nothing!

I'm using M&M site and M&M miles (regular member).

Is this a permanant state of affairs, I wonder?

Thanks!
PS - is the F product (hard and soft) pretty consistent now across the fleet?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SFO/LAX-Germany is always scarce in F, because they actually manage to sell the cabin consistly

F is pretty much the same in all longhaul aircaft since some years.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:56 am

LAX and SFO are hard to get in F. You could try MUC instead of FRA.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
FWIW, I am SEN and from the summer schedule onwards (so only a couple of months away) I have noticed much less F award availability from Asia to FRA/MUC all the way through the schedule.
I think not having the grid available to search also makes it harder to find.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: LH Senator
I also struggle finding any F availability in January 2018. GIG and MEX used to be easy to get but nothing can be found now.

I really dislike the new search engine, which makes it much more difficult to get an overview of the availability.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold
I wonder if the inventory (and/or the search engine) is different for the agents compared to the consumer site. I think I'll try calling in.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by maxmin
I wonder if the inventory (and/or the search engine) is different for the agents compared to the consumer site. I think I'll try calling in.
Doubt it, but please report back
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:50 pm

Yes same for me as a SEN (LX) no F awards online for traveling to the US when I checked online.
I just called the M&M hotline and got F awards in a second for the dates I wanted and that were not available online ....
Maybe they just block the awards online and we must call
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Some routes are just too busy to give away awards, who can blame them. Was on LH 458 (MUC-SFO) last week in F and all 8 seats were taken.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by kooks
Yes same for me as a SEN (LX) no F awards online for traveling to the US when I checked online.
I just called the M&M hotline and got F awards in a second for the dates I wanted and that were not available online ....
Maybe they just block the awards online and we must call
Correct. I never found any F seat on LX online. As SEN or HON you need to call.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Correct. I never found any F seat on LX online. As SEN or HON you need to call.
That is the case since a few years now. No LX F awards online - except the glitch when LX changed its systems.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:24 pm

Advice sought on F redemptions TATL

My goal was to find a flight for 2 in LH F from SFO to Europe, for anytime in September or October (or even November), using the 340,000 miles in my M&M account. I have Frequent Traveler status.

I find the miles-and-more.com search, when availability is super limited, to be super painful. I figured I'd collect one-way availability between SFO and MUC, since FRA never seems to be available. I checked starting in August for a one-way return from MUC to SFO. The first flight with 2 in F is February 7.

February 7th? That's more than 6 months without a single date. It used to be that there was limited but some availability.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:14 pm

I've been looking for 2 seats in F, which makes things even harder. Unlike OP I'm happy with MUC instead of FRA. But it doesn't matter. Using the HORRIBLE website I managed to check every date starting August 1, and the first availability is February 7.

This did *not* used to be the case. While it was always hard to find availability through FRA, MUC used to be pretty easy if you had a little date flexibility. Now there is no availability at all. If LH's C product were better I'd just go in C and hope for something to open up.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:25 am

I spend most of my miles on O awards, about 1-2 flights for 2 pax a year. I never saw the situation, that the award seats in O were available one year before, kept being available until they were booked and after that, there were no availability on that flight again.

The availability goes up and down. Sometimes it seems that you can see an algorithm behind that, but more often it's just surprising.

I recommend to check the availability frequently, online and by calling the hotline.

FRA-SIN in O is not easy to get, but it's possible. Sometimes I've booked an one-way, if there's no return available. And later I came back for the other flight. Yes, that's a bit more expensive, but it sometimes works.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by solomita
This did *not* used to be the case. While it was always hard to find availability through FRA, MUC used to be pretty easy if you had a little date flexibility. Now there is no availability at all. If LH's C product were better I'd just go in C and hope for something to open up.
Sorry, I should have clarified -- my experience is with SFO to FRA and MUC, where F was rarely available to FRA but generally available to MUC, with advance purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.