Wiki Posts
Search

Asking for advice of NH or LH first class product

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Asking for advice of NH or LH first class product

HI flyertalkers!

I'm recently traveling from Tokyo to Frankfurt and it's my first time flying long-haul on both airlines. I'd to know if anyone has experience on their first class product and could kindly give me some advice which one I should take
thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:19 am

Both First class belong to the best of the world. You can't do anything wrong with your choice.

LH is on B747-8, First class in the nose of the main deck. AN should be on B777-300ER in the front of the plane. Both are good.

On HND-FRA there are no differences on ground. Same lounges. If you fly back: On FRA-HND you get access to FCT only on LH.

Maybe it makes a difference for your frequent flyer program?

If you book a return flight, you can book both and compare.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:28 am

When flying HND-FRA in F on LH you'd get an arrival access to the FCL, which might be a factor for the OP.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have no experience of NH F (only FRA-HND-FRA in C a number of times) but NH has two daily flights between HND and FRA.

NH223 is a day flight with a full lunch, afternoon/evening meal and snacks/light meals throughout the flight. On NH203 which departs at 00:55 they don't serve a meal after take-off in F or C, just an amuse-bouche and a selection of snacks/light meals throughout the flight. The First Class Lounge (Suite Lounge) in HND offers a la carte dining but as far as I know only in the evening (and therefore not available for LH departures).

P.S. If the OP can fly in F in both directions, I'd take the daytime NH flight from HND to FRA, and LH716 from FRA to HND.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 18, 2017 at 7:24 am
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Have flown both LH and NH F on this route. Both are excellent, with NH having an advantage in F&B, especially the Japanese food, and LH in FRA ground experience. I choose on the basis of price and schedule and suggest the OP does, too. The difference between the two does not justify a big price difference of half a day "wasted" (no such thing in Tokyo of course).

If price and schedule are irrelevant then I second NewbieRunner's suggestion of NH ex-HND and LH ex-FRA.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:35 am

Both products are excellent.I would take any of them again.

Just my two cents:
- I find the japanese foodon NH excellent, the western food is lacking. LH has much better western dishes.
- I don't like the NH seats when traveling with somebody because it is almost impossible to talk to your companion with the weird wall between the middle seats.
- I don't like row 3 on the 748 because the seats are too close to each other (and the footrest is smaller).
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

thank you all for the advice I think I will take NewbieRunner's suggestion!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.