EW strike questions [27OCT2016]

Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
EW strike questions [27OCT2016]

Hi

I am currently freaking out a little,
There is a possiblity that EW will have a strike next week, (more info: https://www.eurowings.com/en/informa...html#message_0)

my question is, if my EW flight is canceled (VIE-FCO) will they rebook me on another flight within the LH group (for example with OS, LX, LH...etc), or since EW is but at the same time isnt part of the LH group, they will only offer a refund or reschedule on a later day (which is not possible for me, thus I will need to buy a new flight) ? Thanks

Last edited by matio_svk; Oct 21, 2016 at 4:23 pm
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
The English in that EW announcement is terrible. Makes the whole setup look totally amateur.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:19 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
At least the proposed strike has been cancelled for the time being.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:32 am
Original Poster

true... but, technically speaking, how would my type of problem be handled?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Union calls for cabin crew strike on Thursday (27 October)

The UFO labour union said it had offered to take the dispute to mediation at 3 am (0100 GMT) on Wednesday morning to avert industrial action but management had failed to make a decision on the matter by the morning.

UFO said it would publish further details of the planned strike by 6 pm (1600 GMT) on Wednesday.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Oh gosh well, so my question again
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:49 am

I heard the strike can only apply to German based crews, so your flight from VIE to FCO would not be impacted. From the eurowings website it looks like only DUS based crews are on strike tomorrow.

In case your flight is cancelled, during the germanwings strike in Feb 2015, passengers were booked onto other airlines (including outside of LH group).
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much, that makes me much more relaxed
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:14 pm

Eurowings responds to threat of strike by flight attendants’ union Ufo with substitute flight schedule

The flight attendants’ union Ufo has announced that its members among the Eurowings flight attendants in Düsseldorf and Hamburg as well as its members at Germanwings intend to strike on Thursday, 27 October from 00.00 to 24.00.

To enable its passengers to plan with certainty, Eurowings has prepared a substitute flight schedule which will apply during the strike period on Thursday.

None of the long-haul flights are affected by the strike.

All passengers are therefore asked to check the current status of their flights. We will publish the latest information there regularly.

Customers whose flights are affected by the strike action can cancel or rebook their flights free of charge at www.eurowings.com or in the Call Center. In this case, Eurowings will also provide vouchers enabling customers to travel by rail instead.

Eurowings will also charter aircraft from other airlines to bring its passengers back from various holiday areas or fly them to their holiday destinations.

We anticipate disruptions throughout the Eurowings route network.

Eurowings sincerely apologises for any inconvenience caused to passengers by this industrial action.

Your flight status
We ask all passengers who have planned a Eurowings flight within the strike period to regularly check the current status of your flight before travelling to the airport.

Important notice:
If your Eurowings flight is cancelled, you can change your booking online to an alternative Eurowings flight either before or after the planned departure time free of charge or alternatively cancel it.

Cancelled flights can also be rebooked or cancelled using an Internet-enabled mobile phone via the mobile portal, the Eurowings iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone app.

Our call centre is also available for this purpose.

Air passengers who have provided their contact details will be informed of any changes by SMS or email. Passengers who have booked a flight through eurowings.com can retroactively enter their personal contact details in the ‘My Eurowings’ section.

Alternative travel options:
If your domestic flight within Germany is cancelled, you have the option to exchange the ticket for a Deutsche Bahn rail ticket (2nd class). The documents provided are valid only for trains operated by Deutsche Bahn. This can be arranged both online and using a mobile phone by visiting the ‘My Eurowings’ section, or alternatively by contacting our call centre.

How it works:
Click the menu item ‘Exchange flight ticket for a rail ticket’ under ‘Edit your booking’.

Please note:
If your booking was made on an etix® ticket number (e.g.: 220-1111111111) or if you have booked a Eurowings flight on the lufthansa.com website or with one of our partner airlines, please contact the Lufthansa reservations office or the corresponding airline to change the flight date.

If you booked your flight through an operator or travel agent, please contact the tour operator or travel agent directly.
It appears 394 flights will be cancelled, while 147 flights will operate on 27th.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:05 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Yipiieh, strike season again. And of course my flight is one of those affected from the strike and I am now sitting in a car.

I just hope LH will at least also award Status Miles for the strikes happening at EW, since otherwise I will probably not be able to renew my status. But probably this will also not happen because as we know "EW is not really Lufthansa".
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:16 am

If your Eurowings flight is cancelled, you can change your booking online to an alternative Eurowings flight either before or after the planned departure time free of charge or alternatively cancel it.
So... no option to rebook to e.g. LH, SN, OS or LX? I'm seriously considering to buy am additional SN ticket for a flight in 10 days which I just can miss And they don't even let me cancel for free since in theory the flight might be ok. *grrr*
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Currently sitting in the SEN lounge in HAM wait for my flight to LHR that is only 3.5 hours delayed (until it's probably cancelled).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.