Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4527 miles short to hit SENATOR, any suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Question 4527 miles short to hit SENATOR, any suggestion?

Hi dear flyers,
This year is my first time that I walk so close to M&M SEN qualification. And I would love to make it with lowest "personal investment" as possible, since most of my trips are for work flying in Economy.
My last planned trip of 2016 is coming soon and this round trip with SQ MXP/PVG can make me 21850, outbound in B(earning100%) and inbound in Y(earning150%). So after this trip my M&M status miles would be 95473, that's exactly 4527 miles short for being a SENATOR.
In the last few years while I have been FTL, I noticed that LH gifted me 3K status miles at the end of each year regardless if I have hit the 35K milestone or not.
Here are my questions:
1- how high is the possibility that MM will gift me 4527 (lightly more than the usual 3K) status miles for honoring me a SEN? Or they still credit me only 3K and It will be very sad I close 2016 with 98473miles and remain a "poor" FTL?
2- is it possible to call SQ for passing from fare class B to Y with cash, so I can make 150% miles at outbound? How much could be the fare difference?
3- anyone can suggest a MR Europe route MXP/??? for a cost less than 200/250€ Which can make at least 2K MM status miles?
Any other suggestion is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:23 pm

1. The possibility is zero.
The 3k offered to FTL the last 2 or 3 years were only offered because of the many strikes then. I guess there will be no gift this year.
And if you miss the threshold by only a few miles, M&M will not upgrade you to SEN. <100k = still FTL
2. Call SQ, they will tell you the fare difference - if applicable/possible
3. You may check the thread HON run routing... further down to get some ideas for a run. You may also check the possibility for airrail tickets...
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:25 pm

The 3k were strike related good will, might not happen this year.

1) No gifts, but you may be able to trade award miles for status miles (2:1)
2) It can be 50 EUR or it can be 5000 EUR, you have to call and find out yourself.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by Lack
1) No gifts, but you may be able to trade award miles for status miles (2:1)
I was thinking of posting that but decided against it.

Apparently, the OP collected over 20k status miles on SQ. So, he couldn't have accumulated sufficient select miles to make use of the benefit you are most likely referring to.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyingJazzy
3- anyone can suggest a MR Europe route MXP/??? for a cost less than 200/250€ Which can make at least 2K MM status miles?
MXP-BCN is 329€ in P which should yield you 3200 Status miles.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
MXP-BCN is 329€ in P which should yield you 3200 Status miles.
With LH? via FRA or MUC?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fppmongo
I was thinking of posting that but decided against it.

Apparently, the OP collected over 20k status miles on SQ. So, he couldn't have accumulated sufficient select miles to make use of the benefit you are most likely referring to.
Do u mean for being allowed to do trade miles I need to collect certain select miles of LH?
Yes you are right. most of my trips are done with SQ from which I can maximize the earning miles on MM, paying some more €€ for ticket.
The 25% or 50% earning of LH flights keeps me far from them cos it's hard to require more expensive ticket from my company while there are cheaper ones available with LH for Far East.....
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyingJazzy
With LH? via FRA or MUC?
Yes & yes.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by fppmongo
FWIW also award miles collected using the M&M credit card can be exchanged for status miles, but I don't think this would apply to OP.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:29 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
First, I would explore the upfare to Y option on SQ.

Second, I would either get the CC and convert the miles, or

Third do a weekend trip such as Oliver2002 has suggested, however I don't think that P fares will yield enough miles. Just looked for a Z fare on Matrix:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/#searc...=MXPBCN-BCNMXP

using the following advanced routing codes:
o:lh+ / f bc=z

Searching for 12/3-12/4 I get a price quote on Matrix of €444,43

Fare 1: Carrier LH Z90BXX2 MIL to BCN (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code Z
Covers MXP-MUC (Business), MUC-BCN (Business)

€88.50
Fare 2: Carrier LH Z90BXX2 BCN to MIL (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code Z
Covers BCN-MUC (Business), MUC-MXP (Business)

€88.50

Pick whatever is the cheapest and most convenient option for you. Personally, despite the fact that there are many critics of LH and the deminishing SEN benefits, I would not let the opportunity pass by to make SEN at such a reasonable effort.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Buy yourself a LH train ticket from Cologne to FRA and back. Books in J and you not even.... well, find out yourself with a bit of research
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Being so close and considering the two year validility plus a soft landing you should try and get the miles.

It's worthwhile buying a Z fare from a cheap market and use the evouchers to upgrade to F.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by hugolover
It's worthwhile buying a Z fare from a cheap market and use the evouchers to upgrade to F.
I thought upgrading from Z is not possible anymore. Did I miss something?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by athome
I thought upgrading from Z is not possible anymore. Did I miss something?
With LX it is possible
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Buy yourself a LH train ticket from Cologne to FRA and back. Books in J and you not even.... well, find out yourself with a bit of research
this means even without stepping out of your home three one way tickets in business would do the trick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.