Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurowings Carry On Limits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Eurowings Carry On Limits

I had booked an award ticket using UA Mileage Plus Miles for DUS - LHR - SFO with DUS-LHR on Eurowings and LHR - SFO on UA.

Does the Eurowings carry on limit apply (just one carry on) or UA apply (One carry one + 1 personal)?

Would there be a weight limit?

Would Eurowings care if I use the UA allowance?

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by PHXAuditor
I had booked an award ticket using UA Mileage Plus Miles for DUS - LHR - SFO with DUS-LHR on Eurowings and LHR - SFO on UA.

Does the Eurowings carry on limit apply (just one carry on) or UA apply (One carry one + 1 personal)?

Would there be a weight limit?

Would Eurowings care if I use the UA allowance?

Thanks
Carry on limits are ALWAYS the operating carrier's decision and jurisdiction. (DOT or IATA MSC rules need not apply, they only concern checked baggage allowance.)
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:23 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
EW will give you a problem - they weigh your carry-on ( 8KG max ) at check-in in DUS and tag it....
Forcing people to pay for extra luggage is a good source of extra income and since they are not *A or anything else...not much chance to escape!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
EW will give you a problem - they weigh your carry-on ( 8KG max ) at check-in in DUS and tag it....
Forcing people to pay for extra luggage is a good source of extra income and since they are not *A or anything else...not much chance to escape!
I'm flying EW quite a bit and my carry-on has never been weighted or tagged. I also often have a personal item in addition to my carry-on. I agree that the rules probably don't allow that, but in my experience EW does not enforce them very strictly.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:29 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Are you flying out of DUS?
Each station is different in enforcing the rules....I fly about 60 EW segments a year - DUS is the strictest enforcing the rules from my experience....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.