LH 779 diverted (returned) to SIN 11-12sep [2016]

Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua 1k/*g, ge, hh g, spg/mr plat
LH 779 diverted (returned) to SIN 11-12sep [2016]

On the flight tonight and I noticed the one from last night returned to SIN, anyone hear anything? Since it didn't stay long, think it was medical? Shows it took off again at 0300 as 779D.

Mods - didn't see a thread of running diversions/delays, please move if needed.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: LH HON
How can the same crew not time out with a 3 hour delay on that leg?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Flight deck has one crew extra anyway so rest of all is ensured and cabin crew is usually asked if they are OK with it.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Well that is a refreshing change ... normally they get stuck in or return to Frankfurt .
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH M&M FT, SQ-PPS
Originally Posted by califcoast
On the flight tonight and I noticed the one from last night returned to SIN, anyone hear anything? Since it didn't stay long, think it was medical? Shows it took off again at 0300 as 779D.

Mods - didn't see a thread of running diversions/delays, please move if needed.
I was on that flight!
Flight was returned back after passing by KUL after "strange" smell during flight was observed by the crew.
Flight was called back to return to SIN by instructions of LH/Airbus.
Plane had to dump fuel on the return to SIN.
After landing and inspection the strange smell was identified coming from a freshly renewed carpet by the used carpet adhesive/glue.

The nice crew agreed to additional working hours and plane restarted at 3.50 am on the 12th. and was arriving savely at FRA on 9.40 am .

A lot of rebookings @FRA were occured- icl. mine.

The crew did really made a good job during the flight^- Only the ordered technicans from Airbus and Lufthansa at SIN were a bit lazy and pretty uncoordinated-night shift unknown probably.

Plane was then used after arrival at FRA without any additional inspection for a flight to JFK.

Now my miles credit did not work for this flight, due to renamed flight No.= Now 779D- The original flight LH 779 was canceled and new continued flight as 779D is not visible in my iternerie/booking code at M&M (called them already today).
My connecting flights ,incl. my rebooked ones on the 12th, were credited already by today!

This would be a future topic for the LH team here I guess!

Last edited by Lufthansi; Sep 13, 2016 at 4:12 pm
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Lufthansi
I was on that flight!
Flight was returned back after passing by KUL after "strange" smell during flight was observed by the crew.
After landing and inspection the strange smell was identified coming from a freshly renewed carpet by the used carpet adhesive/glue.

The nice crew agreed to additional working hours and plane restarted at 3.50 am on the 12th. and was arriving savely at FRA on 9.40 am .

The crew did really made a good job during the flight^- Only the ordered technicans from Airbus and Lufthansa at SIN were a bit lazy and pretty uncoordinated-night shift unknown probably.

Plane was then used after arrival at FRA without any additional inspection for a flight to JFK.

Now my miles credit did not work for this flight, due to renamed flight No.= Now 779D- The original flight LH 779 was canceled and new continued flight as 779D is not visible in my iternerie/booking code at M&M (called them already today).
My connecting flights ,incl. my rebooked ones on the 12th, were credited already by today!

This would be a future topic for the LH team here I guess
May be the LH team/luckers can inform M&M team that 779(D) planned to depart on the 11.9on 11.40 pm finally departed 12.9 on 3.50am was not canceled!!

Last edited by Lufthansi; Sep 13, 2016 at 4:52 pm
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I doubt Airbus does any line maintenance anywhere, this was most likely the local LH Technik team with SIAEC assistance.

http://www.siaec.com.sg/
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:23 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Lufthansi
I was on that flight!

This would be a future topic for the LH team here I guess!
Do not forget to claim your EU261 - 600 Euro reward!^
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
You reckon that can work?

While avoidable, the even was most definitely extraordinary.

And you don't know how much late Lufthansi was in the end .
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by weero
Delayed 204 minutes according to flightstats.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Delayed 204 minutes according to flightstats.
Before the connection ... layovers don't count, IIRC.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by weero
You reckon that can work?

While avoidable, the even was most definitely extraordinary.

Yes an extraordinary stupid reason for a delay.....
You are not trying to imply this would exempt them from payment - are you? -really?

BTW Bird-strike has been rules out as being "extraordinary" by the EU high-court - as birds fly around all the time!^

But you are right he might have made up some time in his connection...or not....but it is pretty save to assume he was even more late after the layover since he mentioned he had to be rebooked...

Last edited by Germanfflyer; Sep 14, 2016 at 8:28 am
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:51 pm

I do not know whether I can ask for the 600€ compensation.
I had 2 connecting flights on this iternary.
Planned connection at FRA to BRU (LH1004)-Dep. 7.25 - Arr. 8.20
rebooked by LH to LH1010 Dep. 11.25 - Arr. 12.20
So i was 4 hours later in BRU.

I had a scheduled meeting in Brussels from 1 pm to 3.30 pm-which took place with a min delay.

For my final destination this day i was booked BRU-MUC with LH 2289 dep. 5.05 pm.
So i was not late for my final destination on this iternary!

Can I claim compensation for the late arrival in FRA or BRU?

Last edited by Lufthansi; Sep 14, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:32 am
Original Member

Hi

I would say yes - because the delay to your intermediate destination BRU was delayed by more than 3 hours and you had to be rebooked for that - you can obviously prove that the first delay had an impact on your travel for more than 3 hours as the first - final destination of the itinerary was BRU where you planned a stop as you did not go on to MUC ASAP for several hours - even that would have been possible - so I would say BRU was the final destination for that leg SIN-BRU and BRU-MUC was a separate trip on the same ticket.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:52 am

Yes an extraordinary stupid reason for a delay.....
You are not trying to imply this would exempt them from payment - are you? -really?..
It might ... especially depending when the carpet went into stench mode.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.