LH Now TSA PREcheck Eligible

Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Great news, I hope LX and OS coming soon! Pre TSA is such a great process!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just checked in for a flight and was a little bummed not to see anything on my electronic BP.

But I guess LH is doing this the same way AC did. Until they get their ducks in a row, you'll need a BP printed at the airport.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Anyone has left MIA with LH? Did they setup a PreCheck lane in the LH section? Cheers
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: UA GS
My SO used LH pre-check at ORD the day it was announced. Just had to stop by the counter for a paper BP.

While it won't help with lines, I wonder at EWR for example if they'll make it "light pre", where you can leave your jacket and shoes on in the regular line. They give out special cards at ID check if you've got pre.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:10 pm

NOT at JFK

there will be no TSAPRE at JFK T1 for a long time.
All airlines are foreign and TSA will not do it just for LH pax. There are not enough standard security lines at T1 to carve-out TSA lane.
I flew out on Tuesday and talked to one surprising friendly supervisor.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just checked in for a flight and was a little bummed not to see anything on my electronic BP.

But I guess LH is doing this the same way AC did. Until they get their ducks in a row, you'll need a BP printed at the airport.
It would be interesting to see if anyone tries the online BP anyways: having Pre printed on the BP is entirely irrelevant, the content on the barcode is what's relevant. If they use the same barcode (or at least same content, since I think they use a different printing format on airport BPs) on both then either would work for Pre.

Depending on how LH's IT works, they might have the same code generating barcode content, or they might not.

Last edited by televisor; Sep 15, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
  • Only US passport holders or also German passport holders that are enrolled in GE?
  • Also those that do not have a separate GE or TSAPre card, but just the enrolment in GE and the little CBP sticker in their passport (which should be the default for all non-US citizens that have GE)?
The CBP sticker no longer exists (and is in any case completely orthogonal to Pre). The cards are only for US citizens, LPR's, Mexican nationals, they are also orthogonal to Pre (but can be used as ID for the TSA).

For the TSA to approve Pre, the airline has to send your data to the TSA for verification:
1. Your ticket name has to match your GE profile (not your passport, not your ID, but the name at the top of your GE profile - which is usually the same as your passport, but doesn't have to be).
2. Your ticket DOB has to match your GE profile (same story here, could be different from the passport if an error was made during enrollment, guess how I learned)
3. Your KTN has to be entered

If you aren't getting Pre consistently: check all of those 3. If those match, tell LH to fix their IT.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by televisor
It would be interesting to see if anyone tries the online BP anyways: having Pre printed on the BP is entirely irrelevant, the content on the barcode is what's relevant. If they use the same barcode (or at least same content, since I think they use a different printing format on airport BPs) on both then either would work for Pre.

Depending on how LH's IT works, they might have the same code generating barcode content, or they might not.
Just decoded my LH BP from yesterday, both printed and mobile version, and the precheck character position contained a 0. 0 indicates No Pre Check.

So this is not an improvement for those who travel carry-on only. Yet
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:39 pm

DFW to FRA in F

I'm flying in to DFW on AA and wife is driving in. We are then flying LH F from DFW to FRA in F. Will report back if LH TSA pre check is available at DFW.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: LH HON
Ok, tried it at JFK last night

No dedicated precheck line but you get light-treatment-> laptop and liquids out of the bag but shoes, belt and jacket stay on
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller

No dedicated precheck line but you get light-treatment-> laptop and liquids out of the bag but shoes, belt and jacket stay on

Is there a priority line there?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
Is there a priority line there?
Yes but it merges together with the regular lines after Document check
Old Sep 19, 2016, 5:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by daumueller

Ah, like ORD T5.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ah, like ORD T5.
Or PHX if the precheck lane is closed because the UA terminal is deserted again
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by villox
My SO used LH pre-check at ORD the day it was announced. Just had to stop by the counter for a paper BP.

While it won't help with lines, I wonder at EWR for example if they'll make it "light pre", where you can leave your jacket and shoes on in the regular line. They give out special cards at ID check if you've got pre.
Just had it for the first time at EWR.

It's as you suspect with light pre where you don't need to take your shoes off and can go thru metal detector instead of X-ray. They ha d you a card

Better than nothing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.