Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meilenschnäppchen / Mileage Bargains [discounted award promo]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Meilenschnäppchen / Mileage Bargains [discounted award promo]

could not find this using the search function; moderator feel free to delete if posted before...

http://www.meilenschnaeppchen.de/?m=40000

the upgrade specials are pretty cool; only whY to C however...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Indeed... the 10k intra europe awards are a good deal too. Had I only known about the 30k cheap(er) Y -> C upgrades, I could have saved 400€ in fares this week
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker
could not find this using the search function; moderator feel free to delete if posted before...

http://www.meilenschnaeppchen.de/?m=40000

the upgrade specials are pretty cool; only whY to C however...
^ Thanks! Very useful!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
One-way mileage bargains/Meilenschnäppchen?

Are mileage bargains ("Meilenschnäppchen") available as one-ways? The t&cs neither confirm nor rule out one-way bookings. Thanks, ps
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:44 am

I tried to get one way once but the agent on the phone said "No", only return.

So what I did was I went ahead and purchased a mileage bargain ("Meilenschnäppchen") for a AAA-BBB-AAA routing. Flight AAA-BBB no problem. For the BBB-AAA I checked in online, but simply did not go to the BBB-AAA flight and hence it became a oneway mileage bargain("Meilenschnäppchen").
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
I tried to get one way once but the agent on the phone said "No", only return.

So what I did was I went ahead and purchased a mileage bargain ("Meilenschnäppchen") for a AAA-BBB-AAA routing. Flight AAA-BBB no problem. For the BBB-AAA I checked in online, but simply did not go to the BBB-AAA flight and hence it became a oneway mileage bargain("Meilenschnäppchen").
So are you saying you simply threw away the return portion of your ticket? Now that regular one-way awards are available at 50% of the return price (on LH, OS, LX and a few others) I can no longer see any point in doing this.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:53 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by planestupid
So are you saying you simply threw away the return portion of your ticket? Now that regular one-way awards are available at 50% of the return price (on LH, OS, LX and a few others) I can no longer see any point in doing this.
Is regular one-way 50% or 75% of the round trip?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AJLondon
50%.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
50%.
But 50% of the regular price. I think OP meant whether it was possible to book those special deal flights for half of the price if booking one-way. It would be nice, but unfortunately "Meilenschnäppchen" flights are available at the advertised price as roundtrips. You can always book it, use the first segment and let the return coupon unused
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by planestupid
On my way to FTL via 30 segments you get cafe voucher, 50€ voucher etc and the possibility to book an Award Flight in Y for 2000 Award Miles (iso 10k or 15k) + ca. 135€ Taxes for a Intraeuropean flight originating from Germany. Used this for AAA-BBB, then realised that the BBB-AAA flight was not required anymore and just dropped it even though I was already checkin in for BBB-AAA. So I was a "no show" and literally gave my seat away to whoever needed it more.

Due to the short notice it was still the best deal for me. The thing is if I check in nowadays, I still see that flight BBB-AAA in my profile, so maybe calling LH and changing it to another date would be possible. But as I was checked in already it might be in my disadvantage. Anyway, life goes on....
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by olm022
But 50% of the regular price. I think OP meant whether it was possible to book those special deal flights for half of the price if booking one-way.
But the question was:

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Old Oct 21, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
But the question was:
Dear NewbieRunner,

I stand corrected.

Love,
Made_in_Ukraine
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

New month, new round of Meilenschnäppchen. STO is back too, and the low sales in C on longhaul are beginning to show with upgrades offered at rebates.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: LH Silver, Sixt Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Carlsoon Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
New month, new round of Meilenschnäppchen. STO is back too, .
And WAW still not ...
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Marek_Limanowa
And WAW still not ...
LO is hawking MUC-Poland....

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.