[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Register for the newsletter, that will give you 500 miles.
In the meantime, if you have a routing in mind and a few dates, we can help you.

(I forgot about the snail mail with the PIN. That's quite German.)
Done! Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: *G
Was on an OS shorthaul from Germany. Seated 1st row behind J, on an M fare.

I slept upon boarding, and woke up to read some papers. An FA came over , addressed me by name, asked "how is flight service so far.....is there anything else I can get you from business class?". (I declined)

We're they just being extra nice today? Flown this route tons and had never had them ask that. Wasn't registered on my M&M account either but rather TK....
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: DL PL, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy PL
cash upgrade at airport after online check in

Can you still do a cash upgrade at the airport after online check-in?

Also, I presume if I pay for a premium encomium seat and then cash upgrade I lose that money?

Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by rich0215
Can you still do a cash upgrade at the airport after online check-in?
You can but you may be charged the full price difference between the fare you booked and the one you are upgrading to.

In some routes it is not uncommon to be able to do a reasonable Y->C upgrade for cash at the gate. I've been doing ZRH-ORD often lately with LX and sometimes you can upgrade at the gate for ~ 600 CHF.

Also, I presume if I pay for a premium encomium seat and then cash upgrade I lose that money?
Are you asking about the ASR fee or did you upgrade from Y to PY?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PL, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy PL
Thanks. I'm referring to ASR.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:55 am

Thanks. I'm referring to ASR.
That fee should be paid back to you after you upgrade.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:48 pm

[1st time post] Help for accidental cancellation

Hello there. I was trying to rebook my return flight on LH online. I could not find the rebook button so I clicked on the cancel button. After that I was notified that my return flight is cancelled. I called the service centre and I realised I will not get any refund for my ticket.

I mean I was stupid in click that button but as soon as I realised my flight was cancel I was calling everywhere trying to reverse the decision. I know calling the general service centre is not gonna help. What can I do?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Walker Au
Hello there. I was trying to rebook my return flight on LH online. I could not find the rebook button so I clicked on the cancel button. After that I was notified that my return flight is cancelled. I called the service centre and I realised I will not get any refund for my ticket.

I mean I was stupid in click that button but as soon as I realised my flight was cancel I was calling everywhere trying to reverse the decision. I know calling the general service centre is not gonna help. What can I do?
You can call again and try to speak with a different agent. At the same time, you can reach out to the LH lurker at FT.

You'll probably need to chalk it up to experience and buy a new ticket.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by mmff
You can call again and try to speak with a different agent. At the same time, you can reach out to the LH lurker at FT.

You'll probably need to chalk it up to experience and buy a new ticket.
Thank you for your help mmff. I'm trying to call someone other than the customer service centre to help but I can't find the number for customer relations. Does anyone know the number?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by deniah
Was on an OS shorthaul from Germany. Seated 1st row behind J, on an M fare.

I slept upon boarding, and woke up to read some papers. An FA came over , addressed me by name, asked "how is flight service so far.....is there anything else I can get you from business class?". (I declined)

We're they just being extra nice today? Flown this route tons and had never had them ask that. Wasn't registered on my M&M account either but rather TK....
The FAs see you in the PIL as *G and sometimes meet and greet if the time allows.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:09 am

I visited the Munich F lounges a week ago. Their a la carte menu is much more extensive. Like a real restaurant. I am now at the FRA FCT lounge. Just 3 pages. 95% of the entrees listed on the menu were buffet style than them cooking it for you individually. I asked one of the attendants if if is due to lunch hour and the menu would change in the evening. I was told no. It's 12pm at FRA and when I visited MUC it was in the evening. Did I miss something? A little disappointed w the extremely limited a la carte offering as the attendants at MUC were raving over how FRA was better.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:59 pm

Are private Porsche rides only offered out of the fct??? I left from first class in term b and was put in a van w others. Was told there were rides by the lounge agent. They were not specific. Just didn't expect to get in a ride w others as I was expecting my Porsche ride. When I complained to the agent at the bridge was told it was only.offered at the fct.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: *G
Looking at a 1-stop open-jaw itinerary that is operated by AC and OS. VIE-YYZ-LAS // IAH-YYZ-VIE. OS serves longhaul in both cases.

*Can book my companion on miles in J. No problem
*Want to buy myself tickets but only AC sells it.... why not OS?
*OS will sell the outbound if booking one-way... if book open-jaw it will only show the inbound (with other options for outobund) ?
*If I buy fare on AC, can I use the OS smart upgrade bid?
*If not, is buy-up on check-in available? any other advance upgrade options?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by deniah
Looking at a 1-stop open-jaw itinerary that is operated by AC and OS. VIE-YYZ-LAS // IAH-YYZ-VIE. OS serves longhaul in both cases.

*Can book my companion on miles in J. No problem
*Want to buy myself tickets but only AC sells it.... why not OS?
*OS will sell the outbound if booking one-way... if book open-jaw it will only show the inbound (with other options for outobund) ?
*If I buy fare on AC, can I use the OS smart upgrade bid?
*If not, is buy-up on check-in available? any other advance upgrade options?
A decent TA can sell you the ticket easily. No smart upgrade on AC flight number, buy up at checkin is always available.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by kaiotes
I visited the Munich F lounges a week ago. Their a la carte menu is much more extensive. Like a real restaurant. I am now at the FRA FCT lounge. Just 3 pages. 95% of the entrees listed on the menu were buffet style than them cooking it for you individually. I asked one of the attendants if if is due to lunch hour and the menu would change in the evening. I was told no. It's 12pm at FRA and when I visited MUC it was in the evening. Did I miss something? A little disappointed w the extremely limited a la carte offering as the attendants at MUC were raving over how FRA was better.
It has always been a myth that the FCT is so much better than the FCL in MUC, but since they opened the new FCL in MUC in the Satellite I deliberately try to go through there instead of going through the FCT and FRA in general. The main advantage of the FCT is for pax departing from FRA without a feeder.

Food-wise, as you said, I find the FCL in MUC better and more flexible. When I recently requested a dinner-style meal at the FCT in the morning, I was told that "it's breakfast time" now; just wasn't breakfast time for me. They then reluctantly found a pan to fry a steak for me...
In MUC, the menu explicitly says that they will be happy to prepare a "body-clock" meal for you whenever you want and do deliver on this promise. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.