Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
ZRH-FRA in LX C, FRA-DFW in LH F on the next day. Both under single ticket.
It's been ages since I flown on LH/LX, but I seem to recall that no access to F lounge in ZRH, since my F flight on LH is on the next day ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
No access the day before according to the lounge access rules.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:37 pm

Stupid question here, apologies in advance.

Aeroplan reward ticket. JFK-FRA in LH F, FRA-CDG in LH J (as F isn't available intra-Europe(?)), CDG-NRT on NH F.

As I understand it, if I stopover for a few days in FRA then I will not be eligible for LH FCT in FRA, but if I leave to CDG in LH J the same day I arrived then I will have access. Is this correct?

Apologies for the repetitive and stupid question in advance. Just want to be certain!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Stupid question here, apologies in advance.

Aeroplan reward ticket. JFK-FRA in LH F, FRA-CDG in LH J (as F isn't available intra-Europe(?)), CDG-NRT on NH F.

As I understand it, if I stopover for a few days in FRA then I will not be eligible for LH FCT in FRA, but if I leave to CDG in LH J the same day I arrived then I will have access. Is this correct?

Apologies for the repetitive and stupid question in advance. Just want to be certain!
Exactly, same day boarding pass only.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:13 am

F isn't available intra-Europe(?)
It is not.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Executive Blue
Hi.

My brother and I are flying to Firenze (Florence) on thursday. I have two questions;

1; What kind of aircraft can we expect on the leg from Munich to Florence with Air Dolomiti??
and

2; Is 1hour 10min enough transfer-time at Munich??

Thank you.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Syhel
Hi.

My brother and I are flying to Firenze (Florence) on thursday. I have two questions;

1; What kind of aircraft can we expect on the leg from Munich to Florence with Air Dolomiti??
and

2; Is 1hour 10min enough transfer-time at Munich??

Thank you.
1h10 is a plenty at MUC, if I remember correctly the MCT there is 25 min.
Equipment will be E95 most probably.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Executive Blue
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
1h10 is a plenty at MUC, if I remember correctly the MCT there is 25 min.
Equipment will be E95 most probably.
Thank you!!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Exactly, same day boarding pass only.
Thank you for your help!

I have a follow-up question. Say I have JFK-FRA-ICN as an Aeroplan award ticket in LH F and OZ F, respectively. I wouldn't be eligible for FCT because 1) I'm stopping over in FRA and 2) I'm not leaving on LH.

If I were to buy a separate revenue or award ticket on LH metal such that I'd be leaving on LH (let's say in J) the same-day I arrive in FRA, would I be eligible for FCT? In this example I'd only be in FRA for, say, 4 hours, arriving in on a LH F flight and leaving on a LH J flight, but the flights are on different tickets. Aeroplan ticket would be JFK-FRA-ICN and cash ticket would be FRA-CDG-FRA.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:14 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have a follow-up question. Say I have JFK-FRA-ICN as an Aeroplan award ticket in LH F and OZ F, respectively. I wouldn't be eligible for FCT because 1) I'm stopping over in FRA and 2) I'm not leaving on LH.

If I were to buy a separate revenue or award ticket on LH metal such that I'd be leaving on LH (let's say in J) the same-day I arrive in FRA, would I be eligible for FCT? In this example I'd only be in FRA for, say, 4 hours, arriving in on a LH F flight and leaving on a LH J flight, but the flights are on different tickets. Aeroplan ticket would be JFK-FRA-ICN and cash ticket would be FRA-CDG-FRA.
According to the revised lounge access rules you will not have access to the FCT with a separate FRA-CDG ticket.

Your First Class boarding pass on a Lufthansa-operated flight on the same day will give you access to the First Class Terminal. Passengers who are catching a connecting flight to their First Class flight have access to the First Class amenities provided that their First Class journey was a through booking.
The FCT is on some people's bucket list but it's only an airline lounge. As an arriving LH F passenger you will have access to the FCL which has the same facilities as the FCT whether you have any connecting flight or not.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
According to the revised lounge access rules you will not have access to the FCT with a separate FRA-CDG ticket.

The FCT is on some people's bucket list but it's only an airline lounge. As an arriving LH F passenger you will have access to the FCL which has the same facilities as the FCT whether you have any connecting flight or not.
Thank you!

Most likely, I'll only be flying LH F once, so that's why I'm so hell-bent on making the most of it. Was hoping I could get away with that two ticket scheme so I could fly the OZ 380 in F out of FRA at the end of the stopover while still getting FCT access but evidently not. As it stands I guess I'll try my hardest to do JFK-FRA-CDG-ICN (CDG-ICN on OZ 777 F) so I can do the FCT in FRA.

As a nerd it's hard to make these choices
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Most likely, I'll only be flying LH F once, so that's why I'm so hell-bent on making the most of it. Was hoping I could get away with that two ticket scheme so I could fly the OZ 380 in F out of FRA at the end of the stopover while still getting FCT access but evidently not. As it stands I guess I'll try my hardest to do JFK-FRA-CDG-ICN (CDG-ICN on OZ 777 F) so I can do the FCT in FRA.
If the FCT is on your bucket list, then go for it. For connecting flights, however, I like the FCLs much better than the FCT. The only extra thing the FCT has really going for it is the smooth passenger and hand-luggage check for pax departing from FRA. Almost everything else is pretty much identical in the FCLs and additionally the FCLs have an apron view (talking about you being an enthusiast) as opposed to the view of the taxi rank outside the terminal...

Enjoy!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Searching for a LH flight in business MUC - HND in January.

For flight LH714 on a A346 the seatmap looks like the first and business cabin are combined into one. It shows rows 1 & 2 with four seats and then six seats from row 3 on.

It is possible for me to reserve a seat in the first two rows. Does this mean they are operating this flight without F service but J service in the F seats? Or is there just a problem with the seatmap...
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: Miles and More, British Airways Executive Club
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. So thanks in advance for your answers.

I'd like to know if you earn miles when booking the following new codeshared flight with Etihad : MUC to AUH via FRA,

Its written Miles 0 on the attached pictures of LH website even when the flight no is LH.

Name:  miles.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  104.1 KB

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Does this mean they are operating this flight without F service but J service in the F seats? Or is there just a problem with the seatmap...
Yes, most likely a A346 service with no F sold on that flight.

Originally Posted by liketofly1
I'd like to know if you earn miles when booking the following new codeshared flight with Etihad : MUC to AUH via FRA,
Miles can not be earned on LH codeshares operated by EY.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
What time to arrive at VIE?

I am flying VIE-MUC-TLV
the VIE-MUC leg is with OS.
I have checked luggage and am *G. The flight departs at 6:30 AM, what time should I arrive at VIE airport?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.