Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Grog
Lots of factors. Holiday weekend? If so, there could be heavy traffic anytime during the day on the weekend. Just hope for the best!
Holiday weekend? I don't know. Its this Sat is this a holiday weekend in Germany?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Holiday weekend? I don't know. Its this Sat is this a holiday weekend in Germany?
No holiday in Hessia in the month of August, plus summer break for schools in that state ended last week, so traffic SHOULD be as ok as it can be next weekend.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by I_c
Hi, looking for a business class flight to europe (ZRH) and i see operated by swiss global options. Is this the same product as swiss international? Google just seems to direct me to SWISS.

Thanks!
Same thing, it's just an internal exercise.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
I previously meant to say "holiday" could be a single public holiday, but moreover, a weekend where one of the school systems either go onto or come back from school holidays.

Fortunate, none of the German schools that I know of go back to school following Monday, but in fact, the Dutch go back to school on Aug 20th, so you may see a lot of yellow license plates as they drive back through Germany from more southerly countries.

Last edited by Grog; Aug 17, 2017 at 6:13 am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by I_c
Hi, looking for a business class flight to europe (ZRH) and i see operated by swiss global options. Is this the same product as swiss international? Google just seems to direct me to SWISS.

Thanks!
It's the same, just the pilots are on cheaper contracts basically..
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:24 am

If I book an award on LH F via Aeroplan, is it possible to add a paid UA positioning flight to my itinerary (on the LH website)? I'm asking because I would buy a connection to a gateway airport from my home airport and I'd like to give myself the "protection" of being in the same alliance or does it not work like that?

Sort of a different example but if you book CX via AA miles you can get a free connection within the US and they would be responsible if the CX flight was missed due to a delay / cancellation on the positioning flight.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:32 am

No, that's not possible.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
No, that's not possible.
do you think LH / United would still work together to protect me if there is a delay or cancellation due to being on the same alliance? Or does it have to be on the same itinerary?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by jayoxd
do you think LH / United would still work together to protect me if there is a delay or cancellation due to being on the same alliance? Or does it have to be on the same itinerary?
The "Star Alliance" isn't much more than a marketing toy.

They couldn't care less. If you fail to make your connections on two different PNRs (itineraries), you're left out.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
The "Star Alliance" isn't much more than a marketing toy.

They couldn't care less. If you fail to make your connections on two different PNRs (itineraries), you're left out.
I wouldn't say you are left out, on one of our LH flights, we did just what the OP asked, our flight from PHX-IAH was delayed we used UA miles, I asked the gate agent what would happen if we missed our flight I was told that LH would put us on UA's flight to FRA.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I wouldn't say you are left out, on one of our LH flights, we did just what the OP asked, our flight from PHX-IAH was delayed we used UA miles, I asked the gate agent what would happen if we missed our flight I was told that LH would put us on UA's flight to FRA.
They would have done it (for free) only if both flights were on the same PNR.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mmff
They would have done it (for free) only if both flights were on the same PNR.
Our were not but the LH flight was on UA miles, I can only go what the UA agent stated, and I know that at times they say things to leave them alone./
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
90%+ of people flying such schedule will do on one PNR. I'm fairly sure the gate agent thought you were so too, and thus answered like that (or he really just wanted to get rid of you )

There is zero protection if you miss a connection on two different PNR's within different Star Alliance carriers. Some airlines might have special rules, and I know that One World _USED_ to have some protection when travelling on two OW carriers on different PNRs, but that's gone too.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

90%+ of people flying such schedule will do on one PNR. I'm fairly sure the gate agent thought you were so too, and thus answered like that (or he really just wanted to get rid of you )
When I booked I couldn't get UA to book PHX-LAH-FRA-MUC, but if I did IAH-FRA-MUC lots of flights opened... Had to book PHX-IAh separate
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

There is zero protection if you miss a connection on two different PNR's within different Star Alliance carriers. Some airlines might have special rules, and I know that One World _USED_ to have some protection when travelling on two OW carriers on different PNRs, but that's gone too.
This isn't quite the same thing but if you buy one of those *A RTW tickets do they still offer alternative flights from other *A carriers if you miss a flight?

This is what happened to me in 2004. I somehow managed to miss my outbound on TG from LHR to PER (flight #1 on the RTW ticket). I went into a bit of a panic as TG wouldn't give me anything for the next 2 days and I recall that there was a proviso that the whole RTW ticket is voided if the initial leg isn't flown (you could skip subsequent legs as long as you informed the operating carrier to avoid a no-show). Luckily, I went to the SQ desk and they calmly put me on the next flight with no charges and no questions asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.