Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:45 am

A question about LH Europe business class.

I've heard that LH has changed the EU business class so that the middle seat is not blocked anymore with this plastic cover. Is it true?
The reason I ask is because I intend to fly with my wife and infant intra-EU in business class and put the car seat either to the middle seat or window seat. In this case we could all sit in one row. Last time I flew LH was over a year ago and I honestly don't remember the experience or layout ...
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eetn
A question about LH Europe business class.

I've heard that LH has changed the EU business class so that the middle seat is not blocked anymore with this plastic cover. Is it true?
The reason I ask is because I intend to fly with my wife and infant intra-EU in business class and put the car seat either to the middle seat or window seat. In this case we could all sit in one row. Last time I flew LH was over a year ago and I honestly don't remember the experience or layout ...
If you are flying on Airbuses the middle seats are still blocked in Business but they are exactly the same seats as the window or the aisle seats. The only exception that I know of are the first few rows (rows 1-3) of the A321 which have blocks placed in the middle seats to prevent anybody from sitting there.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:44 am

Does anyone know if the LOT flights from WAW-EWR/JFK that will be operated by Euroatlantic's 767 this summer will have LOT seats or Euroatlantic seats?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by PHL_Intl.
Does anyone know if the LOT flights from WAW-EWR/JFK that will be operated by Euroatlantic's 767 this summer will have LOT seats or Euroatlantic seats?
No special seat, whatever is installed.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:33 am

Having had an EU261 claim rejected by Lufthansa, I then took this to what I was informed was the correct ombudsman -

söp_Schlichtungsstelle für den öffentlichen Personenverkehr e.V.

for them to assess independently.
This was on 16th August last year; I emailed them on 3rd October just to (politely) enquire as to progress, and received a fairly snippy response on 6th October telling me to be patient, they'd be in touch. Suitably chastised, I said nothing more, and was surprised to receive a further email on 30th November with a very different tone, thanking me for my understanding and attributing the delay to 'a currently high number of cases'.
However, none of the emails has given any indication of how long I might have to wait for a resolution. Certainly, other ombudsman (men?!) that I'm familiar with in the U.K. operate to very strict timescales, and in turn pass these on to the organisation in question. I've not had to resort to this before, my few EU261 claims have been agreed right away (so I have a frame of reference, and don't think I've put in a questionable claim).
My questions are:

Have I put this to the right body? Or have I been a complete mug?
How long is reasonable to leave them to process this (bear in mind they haven't given any indication of timescale)?
Should I take it up with anyone else? I suspect my lack of German language skills might be working against me here.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer,

ABZGirl
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:51 pm

Frequent United flyer here, flying Lufthansa for the first time ever soon (FRA-ORD). I apologize if this is posted somewhere, but can someone give me the rundown on how Lufthansa's seating selection works? The website says "come back 23 hours before flight".
Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hook21
Frequent United flyer here, flying Lufthansa for the first time ever soon (FRA-ORD). I apologize if this is posted somewhere, but can someone give me the rundown on how Lufthansa's seating selection works? The website says "come back 23 hours before flight".
Thanks!
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Lufthansa forum!

I'm assuming that you are travelling in Economy with a discounted fare (booking classes W,S,T,L,K). In order to reserve a seat in advance you have to pay EUR 25.00 / USD 35.00. Reserving a seat with more legroom costs more.

More information may be found here.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by ABZGirl
Having had an EU261 claim rejected by Lufthansa, I then took this to what I was informed was the correct ombudsman -

söp_Schlichtungsstelle für den öffentlichen Personenverkehr e.V.

for them to assess independently.
This was on 16th August last year; I emailed them on 3rd October just to (politely) enquire as to progress, and received a fairly snippy response on 6th October telling me to be patient, they'd be in touch. Suitably chastised, I said nothing more, and was surprised to receive a further email on 30th November with a very different tone, thanking me for my understanding and attributing the delay to 'a currently high number of cases'.
However, none of the emails has given any indication of how long I might have to wait for a resolution. Certainly, other ombudsman (men?!) that I'm familiar with in the U.K. operate to very strict timescales, and in turn pass these on to the organisation in question. I've not had to resort to this before, my few EU261 claims have been agreed right away (so I have a frame of reference, and don't think I've put in a questionable claim).
My questions are:

Have I put this to the right body? Or have I been a complete mug?
How long is reasonable to leave them to process this (bear in mind they haven't given any indication of timescale)?
Should I take it up with anyone else? I suspect my lack of German language skills might be working against me here.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer,

ABZGirl
Bump! Can anyone help, please?

Alternatively, is there a more appropriate thread/forum I should ask in?

Thanks,

ABZGirl
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Lufthansa forum!

I'm assuming that you are travelling in Economy with a discounted fare (booking classes W,S,T,L,K). In order to reserve a seat in advance you have to pay EUR 25.00 / USD 35.00. Reserving a seat with more legroom costs more.

More information may be found here.
Thanks for the welcome and the link! I did book Economy, but I'm booking class "L". Does this make a difference? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hook21
Thanks for the welcome and the link! I did book Economy, but I'm booking class "L". Does this make a difference? Any help is greatly appreciated!
With booking class L you have to pay EUR 25 or USD 35 for a seat reservation in advance (up to 52 hours before departure) or wait until 23 hours before departure to pick a seat free of charge.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:47 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
With booking class L you have to pay EUR 25 or USD 35 for a seat reservation in advance (up to 52 hours before departure)
..unless you are booked on a UA codeshare flight number. In that case you cannot reserve a seat in advance because LH doesn't know how to charge you in that case.

HTB.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
New to LH group... some questions

Hey,

I haven't flown LH group in a while, and have some questions.

I am flying from JFK to BRU in J on Brussels Airlines SN. I have found the SN website to be extremely unintuitive and unhelpful. Basically, I can put in my record locator and view my flight details and that's it. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried to put it in on Lufthansa's website, and not only was I able to access my reservation (none of the segments are even operated by Lufthansa) but I was able to customize my booking a hell of a lot more than I was able to on Brussels Airlines website. Now, I have a couple of questions:

Will I be able to check in for my Brussels Airlines flight at the Lufthansa counters? I have seen this done before with SAS and UA.

The *A website list the British Airways Business Lounge at JFK to be a contract lounge for the *A. Can I theoretically access this lounge on a J ticket?

When I arrive in Brussels, I have a separate ticket from BRU to VCE. This is on a separate ticket and is on an economy light&relax fare. My first leg is in Business and second leg in economy. Will I be able to check through from JFK to VCE?

Thanks for all of the help!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

SN leaves from JFK T1 and shares checkin with LH/OS. SN will check you thru but depending on the fare.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SN leaves from JFK T1 and shares checkin with LH/OS. SN will check you thru but depending on the fare.
So does that mean that I don't necessarily have to check in at the marked Brussels Airlines counter, but I have the option to go to Lufthansa counter too?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:35 am

It really depends. SN uses the same system as LH, so checkin is theoretically possible.

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-...info/new-york/

SN uses the LH lounge, no mention of BA, BA only has lounges in T7, so you info may be incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.