[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Does Lufthansa normally send their A380 to CGN for maintenance? I saw one departing on Sunday and was a bit surprised. Another 4-engine plane left soon afterwards.
FRA was closed sunday morning due to icing of the runways, so a number of flights diverted.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: Various
Thanks,
that explains it.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:14 pm

Miles and More Promo offer shows up under Aeroplan Miles?

I am interested in getting the miles off of this offer: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/500-fr...sa-miles-more/

However, I already have an aeroplan account through Air Canada. Is there a way that I can sign up for this and the miles would be credited to that account? (Since they are both Star Alliance)

If so, how should I do this?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Just ask yourself: why would Aeroplan want to reward you with 500 miles for subscribing to a Lufthansa newsletter?

Sadly *A doesn't mean you can pool miles from the separate partner airline FFPs.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have a few flights coming up with SN and I was wondering what the lounge access situation will be for a FTL. I will be in not the totally lowest fare, Pack&Go I think, but the next one up...whatever that is (apparently I get free catering, according to the expedia print, as well as a free baggage allowance). The airports in question are GVA and BRU.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:26 pm

FTL has lounge access to LH group C lounges if traveling *A that day, so no worries.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Technical question: If someone booked online a promotional fare on its last day of offer, however, he took the option of holding the reservation for couple of days before purchasing the fare.

On the day of executing the purchase will LH honor the original promotional fare that has already passed or they will charge the new and prevailing fare at that day of the booking class?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:05 am
Bli

HON Circle miles operated by other airlines.

Hi everyone, I was looking at flights and calculating miles but I asked myself if I book let's say a C class flight from FRA to JFK I will get all the miles normally but I live in ATH and my flight to get to FRA is operated by A3. Will my miles from ATH to FRA be counted towards my HON miles?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Bli
Hi everyone, I was looking at flights and calculating miles but I asked myself if I book let's say a C class flight from FRA to JFK I will get all the miles normally but I live in ATH and my flight to get to FRA is operated by A3. Will my miles from ATH to FRA be counted towards my HON miles?
No, you can't collect HON miles on A3.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:42 am

I've searched around for this and either I'm missing it or it hasn't been asked. So, apologies for the repeat.

Recently booked a trip including LH from ORD-MUC. Booked in economy because there're a few short intra-Europe flights, but figured that I would pay to upgrade to premium economy or business for TATL segments. However, noticed that ORD-MUC is in K, which I didn't even know was a possibility for TATL. (I just thought it was puddle jumpers.) And K earns nothing across the board, isn't even upgradeable on LH.com. So, am I stuck in K? Can't seem to find how to do a paid upgrade from it.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Technical question: If someone booked online a promotional fare on its last day of offer, however, he took the option of holding the reservation for couple of days before purchasing the fare.

On the day of executing the purchase will LH honor the original promotional fare that has already passed or they will charge the new and prevailing fare at that day of the booking class?
IME LH will honor the original promotional fare.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

Originally Posted by mmff
IME LH will honor the original promotional fare.
LH issues the ticket, and if you do the paid holding/protection, it voids the issued ticket against the fee.

Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
I've searched around for this and either I'm missing it or it hasn't been asked. So, apologies for the repeat.

Recently booked a trip including LH from ORD-MUC. Booked in economy because there're a few short intra-Europe flights, but figured that I would pay to upgrade to premium economy or business for TATL segments. However, noticed that ORD-MUC is in K, which I didn't even know was a possibility for TATL. (I just thought it was puddle jumpers.) And K earns nothing across the board, isn't even upgradeable on LH.com. So, am I stuck in K? Can't seem to find how to do a paid upgrade from it.
You can do paid upgrade to premium economy if you call in.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:24 am

When are the miles awarded?

Are the miles awarded upon purchase, or when you check in, or when you complete the flight or....?

I was hoping to use my award miles to purchase the in-flight wifi if possible, but I'm not sure it will be possible. I don't see the miles awarded yet and I purchased it a month ago, so unless that's a "glitch," I'm guessing it will be either upon check in or end of the flight.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenjaminDowns
Are the miles awarded upon purchase, or when you check in, or when you complete the flight or....?

I was hoping to use my award miles to purchase the in-flight wifi if possible, but I'm not sure it will be possible. I don't see the miles awarded yet and I purchased it a month ago, so unless that's a "glitch," I'm guessing it will be either upon check in or end of the flight.
For LH and LO flights miles post the morning after the flight. For LX it takes longer.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by BenjaminDowns

The miles will never be credited to your account before you fly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.