Wiki Posts
Search

No free glass of water [on Germanwings]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, MileagePlus Plat
No free glass of water [on Germanwings]

Just finished a flight from London to Berlin on Germanwings. It was extremely hot in the cabin and I asked the hostess for a glass of water. She refused unless I pay 3 EUR. I do understand that so called low cost should make some money but refusing outright a glass of water is shocking. Is it a subjective perception?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Try BA next time on that route. Much better.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I do understand that so called low cost should make some money but refusing outright a glass of water is shocking. Is it a subjective perception?
This is very normal on airlines, incl. Easyjet, Ryanair, Iberia, SAS (coffe/tea is not water) and many others, as well.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Try BA next time on that route. Much better.
Just to put this Nekkie comment into context, BA just 'lost' a major contract in Germany due to their dismal pitch in Club Europe on the Airbus 319/20.

In general, comparing apples and oranges ( a full service airline vs. a no frills airline) makes a lot of sense. ^

P.S.

Always carry a bottle of water with you on an aircraft, if you do not want to pay Euro 3 for 0.5l after security, carry an empty bottle and refillit in the lounge.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:10 am

Always ask as follows...I have to take medication for my hart condition. Could I have a glass of water please?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: M&M, M&B
Originally Posted by erik123
Always ask as follows...I have to take medication for my hart condition. Could I have a glass of water please?
Does this really work?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Just to put this Nekkie comment into context, BA just 'lost' a major contract in Germany due to their dismal pitch in Club Europe on the Airbus 319/20.
Something is missing here.
According to my knowledge BA is only operating shorthaul flights from Germany into the UK (probably only London).
The same applies to KL, AF, IB, AY and SK and other European carriers.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
Something is missing here.
According to my knowledge BA is only operating shorthaul flights from Germany into the UK (probably only London).
The same applies to KL, AF, IB, AY and SK and other European carriers.
Obviously not for flights within Germany but they lost an account for a German customer. And just for you to enhance your knowledge: BA is at least flying shorthaul between a city in Germany and one other European (not at all anyhow British) country.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:34 am

Continuing the trivia - DUS-BLL?

Originally Posted by FD1971
In general, comparing apples and oranges ( a full service airline vs. a no frills airline) makes a lot of sense. ^
In general, comparing all the available options (apples and oranges for a snack or LCC vs Legacy for lift) makes a lot od sense.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lack

1000 points ^
Old Nov 21, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
And just for you to enhance your knowledge: BA is at least flying shorthaul between a city in Germany and one other European (not at all anyhow British) country.
Originally Posted by Lack
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
1000 points ^
And just for you to enhance your attention to detail (is this not a key skill that every lawyer is supposed to have ?), warakorn was speaking about BA operating flights. BA does not operate any flights between DUS and BLL: Sun-Air do (albeit on behalf of BA).
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by FD1971
..In general, comparing apples and oranges ( a full service airline vs. a no frills airline) makes a lot of sense. ^

P.S.

Always carry a bottle of water with you on an aircraft, if you do not want to pay Euro 3 for 0.5l after security, carry an empty bottle and refillit in the lounge.
Refilling in the lounge when riding on a no frills airline?

I have the eery feeling that all the wicked jokes I head about consultants are based on observational studies and not mere prejudice.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by payga
Does this really work?
With this kind of excuse, it should work
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vercingetorix
I do understand that so called low cost should make some money but refusing outright a glass of water is shocking. Is it a subjective perception?
Very common and absolutely not shocking... BYOW when flying no-frills.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:48 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Andie007
Very common and absolutely not shocking... BYOW when flying no-frills.
I think it's quite shocking! After all, you're not even allowed to bring your own water -- only empty bottles that can be refilled at the toilet sink. Not that I'm surprised though ever since I flew SK (exactly!) once...

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.