Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH at Tampa (TPA)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by FD1971
The start of the new low cost long-haul division has been really good, another blow to the Nekkies, but as stated before, this is a massive investment for a relatively low return (in case everything works out as planned)
And what happens in case everything doesn't work out as planned (which seems in recent years to be more the rule than the exception)...
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by N1003U
And what happens in case everything doesn't work out as planned (which seems in recent years to be more the rule than the exception)...
In case everything works out as planned, they earn profits totalling 3 billion, in case things beyond their control do not work out as planned, their profit is only 2 billion.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The fact that the US Military CENTCOM is based in TPA should also fill the flight nicely under the 'Fly America' act.
Even with a UA marketing code -- to get the "Fly America" compliance -- there will be the issue of UA having lost the contracts for 2016. For 2016 AA has the contracts for most (if not all) GSA city pairs connecting Tampa and Germany.

AA doesn't codeshare with LH when it comes to these TPA flights.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:49 am

Can anyone advise who has flown on this route if it is the same long haul service as normal Lufthansa services, for example 31 inch seating, meals and entertainment. Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by connlach
Can anyone advise who has flown on this route if it is the same long haul service as normal Lufthansa services, for example 31 inch seating, meals and entertainment. Thanks
Welcome to FT connlach ^. Yes it will be normal LH service.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 4:37 am

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

I have flown to tampa with ba a lot but the planes are getting very tired on that route so thought lufthansa service may be a bit better.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:47 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Seat Guru states there is 110v power in all seats including economy, can anyone confirm if this is the case? Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Seatguru info is usually patchy at best. LH seats have 110-120v outlets in C&E, and in Y 2-3 seats share 1-2 outlets.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Anyone know if there is a way to achieve PreCheck status for this flight? My KTN was displayed during OLCI on LH.com. I verified my KTN was correct, but no PreCheck on the BP I printed at home.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Foreign carriers don't participate in TSA pre (yet).
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:31 pm

Foreign carriers don't participate in TSA pre (yet).
https://www.tsa.gov/precheck-participating-airlines/
TSA Pre✓® Participating Airlines

• Aeromexico
  • Air Canada
  • Alaska Airlines
  • Allegiant Air
  • American Airlines
  • Cape Air
  • Delta Air Lines
  • Etihad Airways
  • Hawaiian Airlines
  • JetBlue Airways
  • Lufthansa
  • OneJet
  • Seaborne Airlines
  • Southwest Airlines
  • Sun Country Airlines
  • United Airlines
  • Virgin America
  • WestJet
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
LH+Pre-check announced two days ago:

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...tsa-precheck-0

It's probably worth checking if you can add your KTN to any LH reservations as of now. (If the US carrier experience is anything to go by, you'll have to add your KTN to every single existing booking. Adding the KTN to your LH profile should cover future bookings.)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Awesome! Talk about breaking news. And perfectly explains why I didn't get PreCheck on my trip 2 weeks ago.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:42 pm

LH is trialling precheck at some stations, TPA isn't one of them. Hence the 'yet' in my posts.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:36 am

LH is trialling precheck at some stations, TPA isn't one of them. Hence the 'yet' in my posts.
How do you know this? Not that I'm saying you're wrong--and I don't frequent this forum so I don't know what other posts you may be referring to--but:

1) In your post above, you said "Foreign carriers don't participate in TSA pre (yet)". I showed that that was not true. Air Canada has participated for over two years, and Aeromexico and Etihad have participated since May.

2) TSA lists Lufthansa as one of the participating airlines at Tampa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.