Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luthansa SAS Separate Tickets Interline?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Luthansa SAS Separate Tickets Interline?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Lufthansa allow baggage check-through for separate tickets? My flight from FRA will reach Oslo at 1155am and I plan to get the 1240pm flight to Bergen. As the connection just meets OSL MCT of 45 mins, I doubt I can make the OSL-BGO flight if LH don't allow me to interline my baggage with SAS. I would then have no choice but to take a Norwegian flight at 1340.

Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by ahdibuao
Hi all,

Does anyone know if Lufthansa allow baggage check-through for separate tickets? My flight from FRA will reach Oslo at 1155am and I plan to get the 1240pm flight to Bergen. As the connection just meets OSL MCT of 45 mins, I doubt I can make the OSL-BGO flight if LH don't allow me to interline my baggage with SAS. I would then have no choice but to take a Norwegian flight at 1340.

Thanks!
LH usually checks through to *A. However, you connection is rather short and that may play the role - they may not do it in order not to risk liability for your luggage in a case of misconnect on separate tickets. Since it is on separate tickets, MCT DOES NOT apply. MCT is for single tickets only.

Last edited by vbroucek; Aug 30, 2015 at 4:16 am
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
LH usually checks through to *A. However, you connection is rather short and that may play the role - they may not do it in order not to risk liability for your luggage in a cass of misconnect on separate tickets. Since it is on separate tickets, MCT DOES NOT apply. MCT is for single tickets only.
Thanks for the info! I guess I've no choice but to go with the more expensive option of Norwegian
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by ahdibuao
Hi all,

Thanks!
I am afraid you will struggle to make the 45 min connection with checked bags. There is a customs clearance at the point of entry to Norway, so whether your bags are tagged to BGO or not, you will have to collect them in OSL, take it past customs and drop it off at SK baggage desk after exit. Then you have to reenter departures through security again.
45 mins is very tight with checked bags in OSL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.