Wiki Posts
Search

Luxair not offering all Status Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, American Platinum Pro

I just wanted to make everyone aware that Luxair is not offering Premium Check-In for SEN or anyone else at more and more stations. In the last 12 months no Premium Check-In has been offered in Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon and Milan. My expectations for Status Benefits with Luxair are quite low already since they don't offer advance seat reveration in economy for SEN or HON, no booking guarantee and I have never heard of Priority Boarding at LG either. Which would now make sense since they started to use the 737 again in the Airline network and not only for Luxair Tours.

Last edited by luxair; Aug 27, 2015 at 6:22 am Reason: wording
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:35 am

And even no fast lane at security in LUX.
OK, it is a small airport but the queues at security are just horrible on vacation times (only 5 lines at security in total) or on the day when the infamous RTL cruise is starting and 2500 people take the charters from LUX to the cruise starting point.

One problem: LG isn't a member of *A, but just cooperation partner with LH, OS,...
In their cooperation contracts they seem to have cut some services... Yes yes, the crisis... Hard times... Save some bucks at any price...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Gold
Same goes for lounge access: in Milan in May, I was told by the check-in staff to use the SEN lounge and at the lounge was told SEN on LG flights were not allowed to use the lounge.
I remember I used that SEN lounge the previous time I went to Milan a few years ago but now it is indeed the "Monteverdi" lounge indicated on LG's website for SEN in Milan.

In FRA last year, I was denied access to SEN lounge with a guest because I was traveling on LG flight. They said I could get in but without guest. I used the same lounge with a guest a few months earlier without any issue. I contacted LG, they checked and found out that I could use the Business lounge only. They told me they would better indicate on their website which lounges SEN can use when traveling with Luxair, which they have now done.

The FRA lounge access issue will anyway be solved when LH will replace LG for the flights to Luxembourg later this year!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:52 am

In GVA it is the Dnata Skyview Lounge for LG flights.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Starfleet Project
Same goes for lounge access: in Milan in May, I was told by the check-in staff to use the SEN lounge and at the lounge was told SEN on LG flights were not allowed to use the lounge.
I remember I used that SEN lounge the previous time I went to Milan a few years ago but now it is indeed the "Monteverdi" lounge indicated on LG's website for SEN in Milan.

In FRA last year, I was denied access to SEN lounge with a guest because I was traveling on LG flight. They said I could get in but without guest. I used the same lounge with a guest a few months earlier without any issue. I contacted LG, they checked and found out that I could use the Business lounge only. They told me they would better indicate on their website which lounges SEN can use when traveling with Luxair, which they have now done.

The FRA lounge access issue will anyway be solved when LH will replace LG for the flights to Luxembourg later this year!
Just checked on luxair.lu for the Lounge access. What they basicly did is that they don't alow guests for SEN's and HON's anymore except for their crappy own Lounge in LUX. It's really getting worse at Luxair. So far I only had problems in FRA getting into the SEN Lounge for a LG flight with a guest but after some discussions it worked. But FRA will change anyway in November. However it will be interesting to see how this will work in HAM and TXL because basicly there should only be access to Business Lounge anymore.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:54 pm

Nothing (in)official, just a personal feeling, especially when seeing the relationship between LG and LH deteriorating:
I think LG and M&M will call it a day someday in the more or less near future.
We shall see...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Luxair stated that they were disappointed not to fly the FRA route as codeshare with LH anymore. But given how they treat their loyal customers at FRA, customres are happy about the change to LH-operated planes and frankly LG doesn't deserve their business.

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Nothing (in)official, just a personal feeling, especially when seeing the relationship between LG and LH deteriorating:
We shall see...
But replace it by what? An own programme? With much more limited earnings and spending possibilities? Or join FB or BAEC, but then having the same problems with status pax who don't get benefits elsewhere?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:59 am
Original Poster

We shall see...
I can't think of any logical replacement..going back to the Courtesy Card? Can't imagine they would decide for an alliance since they are already unwilling to provide Status Benefits for guests of Miles & More.

What would they do to the Luxair Miles&More Credit Card?

Last edited by luxair; Aug 28, 2015 at 1:00 am Reason: wording
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:15 am

I could imagine:

They replace it by: nothing

No M&M miles on LG flights anymore. Only miles/avios on AF/BA as long as those cooperation contracts still run.

No lounge access in LUX on LH/LX flights. Only on LG C flights.
And for AF, BA as long as those cooperation contracts are still in.
LH/LX pax could use the lounge in LUX with priority pass.

People flying LG C ex HAM, MUC,... would have access to another lounge like in GVA with the Dnata lounge - no LH lounges anymore.

The BCEE Luxair Miles&More credit card would disappear.

I know this is theoretical, but we have learned in the past few years that airlines are very inventive at cost cutting and enhancing programs...
And LG not happy about LH taking over the FRA route, LH selling it shares on LG...
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:25 am
Original Poster

I could imagine:

They replace it by: nothing

No M&M miles on LG flights anymore. Only miles/avios on AF/BA as long as those cooperation contracts still run.

No lounge access in LUX on LH/LX flights. Only on LG C flights.
And for AF, BA as long as those cooperation contracts are still in.
LH/LX pax could use the lounge in LUX with priority pass.

People flying LG C ex HAM, MUC,... would have access to another lounge like in GVA with the Dnata lounge - no LH lounges anymore.

The BCEE Luxair Miles&More credit card would disappear.

I know this is theoretical, but we have learned in the past few years that airlines are very inventive at cost cutting and enhancing programs...
And LG not happy about LH taking over the FRA route, LH selling it shares on LG...

Can't really believe management being that stupid but it's true you never know these days! Anyways the 99,- EUR Primo customer is worth so much more than the Status Customer based in LUX paying Last-Minute Luxair Fares for Business plus the occasional weekend trip which still sets you back 300 EUR and more easily if you don't book a few months in advance.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:43 pm

Today in an interview, Mr Bausch (Minister of Transports in Lux.) said:

The lux. State may buy the 13% of LH share, but not at any prize. Seems that LH wants quite a lot of money...

He also added that there is a real possibility of LG leaving the Miles&More program and codeshares between LH and LG disappearing...

More to come in the next few weeks.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:23 pm

Today in an interview, Mr Bausch (Minister of Transports in Lux.) said:

The lux. State may buy the 13% of LH share, but not at any prize. Seems that LH wants quite a lot of money...

He also added that there is a real possibility of LG leaving the Miles&More program and codeshares between LH and LG disappearing...

More to come in the next few weeks.
I think Luxair has a lot to lose if the airline leaves Miles&More. I guess if another airline buys back LH shares, luxair might join the program of this airline but if the State buys back the shares (at least in a first stage), I don't know with what miles&more can be replaced.

Apart from the BCEE miles&more credit card, does anybody know if there are other credit cards generating miles available for Luxembourg residents? Even for other frequent flyer programs.
I looked at the flying blue American Express a while ago but I think it was not available for Luxembourg residents/bank accounts.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by luxair
Just checked on luxair.lu for the Lounge access. What they basicly did is that they don't alow guests for SEN's and HON's anymore except for their crappy own Lounge in LUX. It's really getting worse at Luxair. So far I only had problems in FRA getting into the SEN Lounge for a LG flight with a guest but after some discussions it worked. But FRA will change anyway in November. However it will be interesting to see how this will work in HAM and TXL because basicly there should only be access to Business Lounge anymore.
Luxair indeed changed the lounge access policy. I've just tried to use the lounge in Barcelona (SEN+ guest). I've been told that luxair changed the policy about a month ago and they do not allow a guest anymore.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:07 pm

Luxair indeed changed the lounge access policy. I've just tried to use the lounge in Barcelona (SEN+ guest). I've been told that luxair changed the policy about a month ago and they do not allow a guest anymore.
Given "Luxair has been a fully integrated Miles & More partner since 29 March 2009" this is quite some news.. so M&M is falling apart faster than one could count onto 3.. burn your miles while still possible!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:02 am
Original Poster

It seems to get even worth for SEN's and HON's. At certain Airport with Senator Lounges and/or HON Lounges we will only be admitted into the Business/Frequent Traveller Lounge. Applies for all Luxair destinations in Germany and Vienna.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.