Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

"Business Class Upgrade" (Cash Upgrade for 90-160 EUR) on regional European flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Business Class Upgrade" (Cash Upgrade for 90-160 EUR) on regional European flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I actually had a TP issued ticket on 047 stock originally issued in V and purchased on Expedia. I upgraded on Lufthansa.com and from then on the booking showed Z class everywhere. Expedia even notified me that the airline had changed my cabin. The 1250 miles credited to A3, who also showed Z class on the statement.

I should point out that this was no cheaper than buying a Z fare in the first place, except none of TAP, Lufthansa nor Expedia were technically able to offer a TAP Economy out and Lufthansa Business back ticket.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Just got the email on this.

I like the clarity of the FAQs:
Please note that the fare conditions of your original ticket, i.e. rebooking, refund and baggage rules, remain valid and unchanged. The listed free baggage allowance of the originally booked Economy Class fare also still applies on the upgraded flight. The baggage allowance is shown on your passenger receipt.

The credit of status, award, Select and HON Cirle miles in the context of the Miles & More frequent flyer programme is made on the basis of the upgrade booking class.

It doesn't say that you can then credit to another program; it implies that this is only for M&M, but Tafflyer seems to have been successful in crediting to A3.

And I like the chart that gives different upgraded classes (and therefore different bonuses) for different Y fares
W, S, T, L, K -> P
H, Q, V -> Z
B, M, U -> D
and Y -> C
Thanks eefor jfp,

I got the same mail today but did not see the part about the new booking classes which is interesting for knowing the miles you may get if you decide to book the upgrade.

I have also a ticket with LX which also gives me the chance of upgrading but it does not mentioned anything about the extra miles.
You only get extra miles when upgrading with LH?

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Just tried to upgrade a couple of flights but got the following error messages.

Before you can continue, please check the following:
x The cash upgrade for these flights could not beprocessed. Please contact us for further information. Please try again later. (119308)
x Preferred method of delivery specified in your profile is not available for this booking. Please select another one to proceed with booking your trip. (1030)
Anybody has any idea what the second error message means?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

Quote:

x The cash upgrade for these flights could not beprocessed. Please contact us for further information. Please try again later. (119308)
x Preferred method of delivery specified in your profile is not available for this booking. Please select another one to proceed with booking your trip. (1030)

No, but just give them a call...
Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Just tried to upgrade a couple of flights but got the following error messages...
The best IT on Earth strikes back!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 3:46 pm

Not worth it, DLH buisness is terrible
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird48
You have to embrace it as an upgrade from hell to purgatory. The "time served" feels a lot shorter.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:16 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Although I am not a fan of the NEK product this is a bit unfair.

The Cash Upselling prices are attractive. At least you get a free neighbour seat and a cup of coffee and a soft drink at the lounge and a better inflight experience.

The price range starting at 79 Euro (domestic) is very moderate if you compare what Germanwings settles in for the first rows of a high-density plane.

It also helps to keep Lufthansa more profitable by cashing in some extra-money.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by gum
Quote:

Although I am not a fan of the NEK product this is a bit unfair.

The Cash Upselling prices are attractive. At least you get a free neighbour seat and a cup of coffee and a soft drink at the lounge and a better inflight experience.

The price range starting at 79 Euro (domestic) is very moderate if you compare what Germanwings settles in for the first rows of a high-density plane.

It also helps to keep Lufthansa more profitable by cashing in some extra-money.
actually it helps LH being less profitabel. Until october i would rebook into real business fare, thus spending a lot more money but now LH refuses to accept my money ....
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Here's a report on what happened eventually.

• It turned out only one of the two segments was upgradable. I upgraded the first (OSL-FRA) segment first and it was successful. The system offered to upgrade the second segment as well although there was no upgrade availability.
  • The original booking class was K and upgraded to P.
  • On "My Bookings" I could clearly see the booking class had changed to P.
  • I was able to select a seat in Business.
  • The ticket number appeared twice which suggested (to me) that the ticket had been reissued.
  • I did not receive any email inviting me to check in online and got an error message when I tried OLCI.
  • At OSL I was initially told to use one of the check-in kiosks but got an error message.
  • An agent at the check-in service counter could not check me in either, tried to call LH but did not get an answer and suggested I went to the ticketing counter.
  • An agent at the ticketing counter (operated by SAS) could see my booking and a record of the cash payment for the upgrade but told me he could not touch the ticket. He told me to call LH in Germany.
  • I had to listen to muzak and various announcements in German for several minutes, told to hold on if I wanted to speak in English but could not get through to anybody.
  • While I was waiting the ticketing counter agent somehow managed to print a BP with the correct booking classes for me.
  • On a positive note the miles for the upgraded flight posted within 24 hours. ^
Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:57 am

..[*]An agent at the check-in service counter could not check me in either, tried to call LH but did not get an answer and suggested I went to the ticketing counter.
[*]An agent at the ticketing counter (operated by SAS) could see my booking and a record of the cash payment for the upgrade but told me he could not touch the ticket. He told me to call LH in Germany...
And the world's best IT strikes again. And again .... and again.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Now I am confused: The system offers me two upgrades to "Business Class" for the same domestic flight: One for 79.- and one for 99.- Euros. There does not seem to be any difference between them other than the price.

Any hints?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Now I am confused: The system offers me two upgrades to "Business Class" for the same domestic flight: One for 79.- and one for 99.- Euros. There does not seem to be any difference between them other than the price.

Any hints?
LH IT?

It's supposed to be 79 EUR within Germany and 99 EUR between Germany and the rest of Europe.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
LH IT?

It's supposed to be 79 EUR within Germany and 99 EUR between Germany and the rest of Europe.
Must be LH IT.

Intersting that I can buy the identical upgrade for 79 and 99 Euros.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
One of the most distinguished thing about BA upgrade program is that you get tier points and the bonus miles for the upgraded class when you do the online or airport cash upgrade ^

However, all *A members like LH, AC, LX and so on are stingy with this regard. They still award you the miles for the original class of booking and ignoring the extra amount paid by the passenger to be seated in a higher class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.