Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Where to Credit the miles for my flight

I have an upcoming round trip to Asia in Lufthansa which looks like below

PHL-FRA-MAA-IXM
MAA-FRA-PHL

I dont see myself flying anytime soon and hence I dont want these miles to be credited to MilesMore for which I will have very low value. Can you guys please help me in directing where I should be crediting these miles?

Being based out of Philly I fly American/US Airways more.

I do have a United membership with 2 segments and 828 PQMs.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
It would be helpful to know what fare class(es) your ticket is: first, business, premium economy, discount economy?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Its an economy ticket. Codes as Class (T) for my trip from Phily and Class (L) for my return leg.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Credit the miles on the US mileage plus account. T and L will credit 50% miles. Keep your account active (Hotel / Rentalcar) every 18 months and your miles won't expire.

With M&M you would only get 25% and miles will expire after 36 months.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

And one more question. If I credit them to United will it add up on my Segments too? And what about the $spent criteria on the United.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beckshrules
And one more question. If I credit them to United will it add up on my Segments too? And what about the $spent criteria on the United.
The segments will count as well, but unless your ticket is issued by United (016 prefix) you will not get any PQDs.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Attention, OP.

When crediting miles to United MileagePlus, there is a big difference to the outcome of the crediting depending WHERE you bought your ticket. (Basically, depending if United (016 Ticket) or Lufthansa (220 Ticket) issued your ticket.

United issued ticket (016 prefix)
Award Miles: 5x price of your ticket (if your round-trip ticket price was $1000 USD, you would earn 5000 miles for the whole trip, no matter how long your flight was)
Segments: +1
Segments towards minimum segments to achieve status: +1
PQD: Yes

Lufthansa issued ticket (220 prefix)
Award Miles: 50% distance (T, L booking class)
Segments towards minimum segments to achieve status: None
PQD: No
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RaSiDa
Attention, OP.

When crediting miles to United MileagePlus, there is a big difference to the outcome of the crediting depending WHERE you bought your ticket. (Basically, depending if United (016 Ticket) or Lufthansa (220 Ticket) issued your ticket.

United issued ticket (016 prefix)
Award Miles: 5x price of your ticket (if your round-trip ticket price was $1000 USD, you would earn 5000 miles for the whole trip, no matter how long your flight was)
Segments towards minimum segments to achieve status: +1
PQD: Yes

Lufthansa issued ticket (220 prefix)
Award Miles: 50% distance (T, L booking class)
Segments towards minimum segments to achieve status: None
PQD: No
Its a Lufthansa issued ticket.

You have mentioned Segments as +1. Can you please be more clear on it. Will i get only 1 segment added for my whole round trip? I was thinking I will be adding 5 segments because of my route

PHL-FRA-MAA-IDX
MAA-FRA-PHL
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:45 pm

This may be a newbie question pertaining.

I just bought a roundtrip ticket for my gf on Condor from BWI-HAM. I paid for it, but the ticket is under her name. She is not part of any airline program. I am part of just a handful. Can I credit this flight to something else besides M&M? What about to a program that I belong to?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dljuna

I just bought a roundtrip ticket for my gf on Condor from BWI-HAM. I paid for it, but the ticket is under her name. She is not part of any airline program. I am part of just a handful. Can I credit this flight to something else besides M&M? What about to a program that I belong to?
No you will not be able to credit it to your account. It has to be in the account of the person who is actually making the travel.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by beckshrules
Its a Lufthansa issued ticket.

You have mentioned Segments as +1. Can you please be more clear on it. Will i get only 1 segment added for my whole round trip? I was thinking I will be adding 5 segments because of my route

PHL-FRA-MAA-IDX
MAA-FRA-PHL
Yes, you are correct.
+1 segment for each flight, so 5 segments in total. Note however, that these do not count towards minimum segment requirement for UA MP status.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by dljuna

Think M&M is the only option, but depending on your fare class you may not even want to bother to sign-up for an account.

Short-Haul within Europe:
Premium Economy
A, O, Y, Z: 600 miles

Economy Class
B: 250 miles
E, H, K, M, V: 125 miles
G, L, Q, T, U, W: 125 miles

Long-Haul International:
Business Class
C, D, I, J: 2,500 miles

Premium Economy
A, O, Y, Z: 1,250 miles

Economy Class
B: 750 miles
E, H, K, M, V: 500 miles
G, L, Q, T, U, W: 250 miles
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RaSiDa
Yes, you are correct.
+1 segment for each flight, so 5 segments in total. Note however, that these do not count towards minimum segment requirement for UA MP status.
Ya I know I need atleast 4 segments on United flights. I am not hunting over status here since I know I am no way close to reaching that Silver status . I am just looking that atleast these miles and some from my trip earlier this year earns me a free flight at some point the next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.