Wiki Posts
Search

General Status of F Catering

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

General Status of F Catering

Hello,

I didn't think this belonged in the catering thread as it doesn't have to do with any specific food but more of a observation from reports I have read over the past few years. Yes, I know LH has the best ground/catering experience in the world and for the most part the service is solid. The 2 consistent con's I kept seeing where the old F/IFE which will be 100% by the Fall and the catering shortcomings while on board. I kept reading its overly complicated and the flavors don't go together. Has LH addressed any of these concerns lately and if so is the food in the air top notch just people are nit picking? All the food I have seen on air has looked quite good to me even though I am not really picky. I also am in the school of thought aside from EY's chef on board that F food is pretty similar quality throughout all the top carriers.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Compared to most F class catering I find LH to be right up there.

In my experience over the last 12 months, they always cater for the whole cabin (unlike QF which had almost hardly anything available on my QF12 service LAX-SYD last week - annoyed!), the food is really good and I personally like the appetizer service where it's served off a trolley so you can see it before you choose.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, and if you are, order something else... they'll happily prepare you another dish. ^

Slightly OT: I was blown away with CX F catering a couple of weeks ago out of HKG... amazing!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH has tried to rectify the F catering not to be so esoteric as described here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ain-awful.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.