Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Seat Reservations on Lufthansa operated flights when booked through United [merged]

Seat Reservations on Lufthansa operated flights when booked through United [merged]

Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:00 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TomMM
Yes, what is weird is that it recognizes the PNR, the itinerary is in my bookings list but I get the following error when trying to view the details. I can view my other booking with no problem.
Before you can continue, please check the following:
Due to technical difficulties this page cannot be displayed. Please use your browser's "Back" button to return to the previous page.
I've seen that, too. I think that sometimes it has to do with synchronization between the systems and I've seen it go away. I've also seen upgrade requests mess with visibility.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: sans status now :(
Something positive on seat selection (although it was business class):

Was able to book seats on a United award ticket on LH metal. Key was to get LH confirmation # from United. Was less than 24 hours after making the booking and did it online. Simple. (Less simple was booking the ticket with United--that took an hour and a half on the phone since website wasn't working properly!)

Now to see if I actually sit in those seats or if they change!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
Originally Posted by africaflier

Was able to book seats on a United award ticket on LH metal. Key was to get LH confirmation # from United. Was less than 24 hours after making the booking and did it online. Simple. (Less simple was booking the ticket with United--that took an hour and a half on the phone since website wasn't working properly!)

Noticed the same for my economy booking on UA codeshare.
My girlfriend who is on another booking is unable to select seats.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by africaflier

Let us know if those seat assignments stick. I've noticed the same thing with the less than 24 hours after booking but the seat selections never stuck and I got another auto-assigned seat. I've also seen where the LH app would let me select seats while the website wouldn't but those seat assignments didn't stick either.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
No advanced seat reservation when booking thru UA?

Until recently I was able to book LH flights on United.com and then select seats on LH.com

This is no longer possible, even on business class tickets. Is it a bug or a feature?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
The latest reports suggests it works if booked with an LH flight number, but not if UA codeshare. See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ket-stock.html
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:11 pm

Didn't work for me ... business class on LH, ticketed on UA.

LH website didn't have the option to choose seats! Had to call in.

Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
Until recently I was able to book LH flights on United.com and then select seats on LH.com

This is no longer possible, even on business class tickets. Is it a bug or a feature?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:20 pm

When we flew OS last fall, (if I remember correctly) I put the UA confirmation number into the LH website and it gave me the LH confirmation number, then I signed on and was able to choose our Biz class seats.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Why is LH so difficult to deal with?

If anyone could make a suggestion I would appreciate it. I just wanted to sellect a seat on a paid business class ticket.

This is the text of an email I sent to the President of LH:

I have a round-trip business class from IAD to FRA on United and then from FRA to Dubai. The ticket was originally supposed to begin on January 7 but had to change it to March 5 from IAD and March 6 on LH (flight 630). I called to select seats on the LH flights and selected 84A. I was then told that I could neither select a seat on the return flight on March 13 nor ask for mobilility assistance from LH.

The agent told me that these flights were operated by United, which is patently false. I was also told that the flight was only an "informational code share," which the agent could not explain. She told me to call United, which I did, and even the 1K desk did not know what what this meant. UA then told me that there was no sign of a seat assignment on the outbound flight on March 6 even though I was told that I had that seat.

Overall, I spent 90 minutes on hold, including being disconnected three times and being deceived (your agent tried to convince me that the DBX-FRA flight was operated by United). This is very sorry service for anyone, much less a Star Gold United 1K with over 2 million lifetime miles flying paid business class. LH should be ashamed of itself.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:57 pm

I doubt the President of LH will be moved by the issues you are facing. If he did, maybe we wouldn't have a thread like this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...hansa-com.html

In short - you should have known better then trust an airline with such a complex task.

Last edited by totti; Jan 10, 2017 at 5:08 pm Reason: copy edited because of thread clean-up
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
I doubt the President of LH will be moved by the issues you are facing. If he did, maybe we wouldn't have a thread like this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...hansa-com.html

In short - you should have known better then trust an airline with such a complex task.
Sorry if you have difficulty reading. I did not try to get a seat at lufthansa.com. I was on the phone for a very long time with a LH representative. She didn't know exactly what an "informational code share" was and neither did the UA 1K line. If you know better, then spell it out rather than insinuate. Go away and let someone who can answer my question respond. I have bought code shares before and have NOT had this problem.

Maybe the LH management won't care. If I had this problem with UA, the problem would have been solved.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Your problem is with UA, you made the booking with them. If UA got you a seat on the LH flight, ask them to assign you a seat and not just a booking class ticket. LH doesn't even have access to your payment information as it is. Go solve it with UA.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by mevr
Your problem is with UA, you made the booking with them. If UA got you a seat on the LH flight, ask them to assign you a seat and not just a booking class ticket. LH doesn't even have access to your payment information as it is. Go solve it with UA.
You are 100% wrong. UA has no authority to select a seat on an LH plane. Never has. LH does have access to my payment information-the agent referred to it on the phone. Write about what you know about.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
I'm sure the President of LH will care about your concern given that you're right. Lol, some people...
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by euslaner
Sorry if you have difficulty reading. I did not try to get a seat at lufthansa.com. I was on the phone for a very long time with a LH representative. She didn't know exactly what an "informational code share" was and neither did the UA 1K line. If you know better, then spell it out rather than insinuate. Go away and let someone who can answer my question respond. I have bought code shares before and have NOT had this problem.

Maybe the LH management won't care. If I had this problem with UA, the problem would have been solved.
Seems I'm not the only illiterate here. If you read the thread I linked to you'd perhaps notice the pattern of "codeshare booked with United" leading people to this mess and this certainly ain't a new development. Although I'm not sure if anyone have brought it to the attention of "President of LH" so you maybe on to something there - but that attitude doesn't win you any sympathy on this forum.

Originally Posted by euslaner
If I had this problem with UA, the problem would have been solved.
Ending with a joke is a nice touch, I'll give you that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.