Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Seat Reservations on Lufthansa operated flights when booked through United [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Reservations on Lufthansa operated flights when booked through United [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: UA, TG, LH
Lufthansa's website shows my booking (although I booked at United.com) but the seat reservation option is not active.
Lufthansa has presently greyed out seat and menu selection as you can read http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...a-website.html here
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:53 am

PS: if you want to reserve seats on a LH code share flight but don't have a LH ticket you have to know the LH booking code to do so.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Seat Reservations on LH flights impossible when booked through UA

Well, good news on this front. Booked UA award seats for our family of 5 with 3 small kids. BOS to MUC to PAD on LH. Economy. Finally a few days before got a nice LH rep to book us bulkhead with bassinet for baby. While I've found LH to be mostly inflexible with everything-- perhaps a cultural thing-- they were nice and booked these seats. We checked in at airport. Confirmed with agent we still had bulkhead. She assured us. So stupidly I didn't check the row numbers with seat map again. We board plane and we're all in some middle row in back. No bulkhead. No bassinet. My wife politely tells the FAs and I assure her they will do nothing. Our tickets don't reflect the bulkhead. Our fault. To my surprise she asks us to sit with her in the galley. She even plays with our kids and holds out baby. Once the plane is fully loaded I'm waiting for the inevitable - you have to sit in your assigned seats. Instead, to my surprise, the Pilot comes back to the galley and says to her "put them up front." And smiles. I like LH but not what I'm used to. And have no status. So all 5 of us are placed in business class. Shocking. I got the FAs name and will write her a good note to LH.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:07 pm

Wink

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Service depends on the ground and flight crews motivation, ticket class or carriers name, and how knowledgeable and willing they are to find an innovative solution.

Friendly skies within SA start to be more an exception than the norm it should be. Granted work preasure increased for everyone, and everyone may have had a bad day so far, but if you have choosen a service oriented job, than the avered behaviour towards customer influences how the average customer behaves. I notice also more and more inconsiderate and rude passengers than I remember 15 years ago.

I often wonder how much worse my wife and I would be treated if I hadn't retained my SEN staus, nor do the 2 status stars make any difference, when compared to the treatment before I had it.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:24 pm

LH web service seems inop as far as Seat and Menu selection are concerned,checked it yesterday evening again.

UA like LH charges seats based on "value" exit rows first, then close to the exit rows or front. Other than that I could not make much sense out of how seats are valued when flying UA on a UA ticket.

I only know that LH waves feesfor SEN not if fees are waved for LH FT or other *A gold or silver. Neither does UA when flying UA on a UA ticket having *A gold as SEN.

Knowledge and willingness to provide service always is dependent on the ground and
aircrews motivation, and what day they had at UA or LH, but I found it less likely at LH service number to be waiting for 30' to 60' during day time, while it happened a lot to me calling UA in the US having no UA status.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by JBauer
Well, good news on this front. Booked UA award seats..
Unlike code shares, award seats can be assigned. There should merely be the usual ASR charge. Were you not asked to pay for the seat assignment?
Instead, to my surprise, the Pilot comes back to the galley and says to her "put them up front." And smiles. I like LH but not what I'm used to. And have no status. So all 5 of us are placed in business class. Shocking. I got the FAs name and will write her a good note to LH.
Do that. I hope she gets reprimanded and the pilot demoted to Germanwings. Treating the Biz product with such disdain and bypassing all op-up rules set forth by the airline should not be tolerated by the management.
I understand they helped you at the expense of decency and da rulz but crews should not be granted this questionable assumption of authority.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by snn47
L..I only know that LH waves feesfor SEN not if fees are waved for LH FT or other *A gold or silver. Neither does UA when flying UA on a UA ticket having *A gold as SEN..
ASR is not granted to lowly FTLs such as myself.

UA gives *G free seat assignments, just not in E+.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:11 am

UA gives *G free seat assignments, just not in E+.
Not in my experience over the past years. I flew early this year roundtrip FRA-IAD-GIG in B. For one leg there were no seats available that I could select from. I wondered whatever seat/if I will get assigned one, since previous connecting flights with smaller planes always had weight restrictons when I tried to check in.

While UA telephone service was accessable within minutes, competant and helpfull UA in the US was a merry go around between agents on ground and telephone. Waiting for >30' before I was told to call another agent/number, often my call got terminated while waiting to be patched to another agent.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Seat Reservations on LH flights impossible when booked through UA

Weero --- sorry my amazing experience disappointed you. I fly only first class for business and would never have sour grapes over a displaced family getting a treat to sit alongside me.

You are largely a part of the customer attitude problem, which ultimately reflects poorly on us as business travelers -- assuming you even travel ever?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by snn47
Not in my experience over the past years. I flew early this year roundtrip FRA-IAD-GIG in B..
B as fare bucket or Biz?

UA doesn't have ASR. It must have been a coincidence.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Weero --- sorry my amazing experience disappointed you. I fly only first class for business and would never have sour grapes over a displaced family getting a treat to sit alongside me.

You are largely a part of the customer attitude problem, which ultimately reflects poorly on us as business travelers -- assuming you even travel ever?

Really? Who posted this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...but-worth.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...esk-staff.html

BTW, award tickets (in X) issued by any carrier are allowed ASR without charge.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:52 am

Weero --- sorry my amazing experience disappointed you.
Your experience didn't, that crew did. This was a cheap and lousy cop out for them.
I fly only first class for business and would never have sour grapes over a displaced family getting a treat to sit alongside me.
Sure, especially as they wouldn't sit next to you when they'd be upgraded to Biz.

So you buy only F seats (why???) but book coach awards for your kin?
No idea what grand problem you are referring to .

And no. I never travel. I too just sit on the sofa and make stuff up.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:46 pm

Unable to choose seats under My Booking

Hello,

I'm on my return leg from FRA to SFO this Friday in business class. My ticket number starts with 016 (purchased through United), and I was given a Lufthansa booking code for the legs of my trip on Lufthansa, including this Friday.

I'm able to log into "My Booking" with the Lufthansa booking code, and it shows my reservation, but I'm unable to change my seat. I do not have a Lufthansa account; I logged in only with my booking code.

Could someone advise how I could go about rectifying this problem?

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:19 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yipinglim
Could someone advise how I could go about rectifying this problem?
Cancel your ticket and rebook with LH with LH flight number.

If that is not an option, wait until T-24...48h and check in online. At that point you can choose seats.

HTB.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:05 pm

Call reservation or LH website supportthey should be able to help. I used .de and englisch, which LH adress did you use?

Had this problem last week for a few days too, since thursday I could change seats again those booked with LH and via another *A using the alternate LH code

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.