Wiki Posts
Search

Miles & More website: Access denied

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Unhappy Miles & More website: Access denied

Just wanted to connect to the M&M webpage, but I get the following error message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.miles-and-more.com/online/portal/mam/ch/homepage" on this server.
Reference #18.96d91002.1430053868.efd5ab8

Same with any Lufthansa page (.ch, .com, .de). And no matter whether I use Chrome, Mozilla, Explorer, iOS. Worked fine a couple of weeks ago...

Swiss.com (.ch, ...) works.

Did anyone experience this already ? Checked with the M&M FTL service, and they gave me a phone number of the technical support, which obviously has a high per min fee. Great....
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Works for me.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Work for me as well
Empty your cache file or try with a different browser.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

All done already....

And as mentioned above: doesn't work with any Browser...
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:26 pm

Works perfectly here.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
My LH App on iOS was not working on Saturday - went to M&M website and there was message claiming some technical issues and team working hard on restoration. Everything was OK on Sunday. (Pls, keep in mind I am GMT+10)
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Just wanted to connect to the M&M webpage, but I get the following error message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.miles-and-more.com/online/portal/mam/ch/homepage" on this server.
Reference #18.96d91002.1430053868.efd5ab8

Same with any Lufthansa page (.ch, .com, .de). And no matter whether I use Chrome, Mozilla, Explorer, iOS. Worked fine a couple of weeks ago...

Swiss.com (.ch, ...) works.

Did anyone experience this already ?
Carpacchio, did you get this issue resolved? I am having the exact same problem since yesterday, on all lufthansa sites, and miles and more as well. Swiss works, as you reported.

Actually, I am not sure since when, but I do check my mileage balance monthly, and did go to lufthansa.com in May.

I suspect it might be due to the new IP address assigned to me by my ISP 2 weeks ago. I am on a Bluewin VDSL line whose IP changes every 3-6 months, and the newest one seems not to be friends with Lufthansa

All the problem sites and accounts are accessible when using other IP's from the same computer, so definitely not a problem on my side.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

As mysteriously as it arrived, it disappeared again...
About a week later, i suddenly wa able to access the sites again.

Not sure what the reason was.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by monahos

I suspect it might be due to the new IP address assigned to me by my ISP 2 weeks ago. I am on a Bluewin VDSL line whose IP changes every 3-6 months, and the newest one seems not to be friends with Lufthansa
On another site I heard of people with Swisscom ADSL have trouble with routing to certain sites.

Call them and make them aware of the problem, LH might not be at fault for once
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:42 am

Thanks,

the specific IP I was attributed was indeed the problem. I called Bluewin and while they did not aknowledge the issue, they attributed me a new IP which restored full functionality.

For reference if any Bluewin VDSL customers here have this problem, one can get a new IP either by calling their toll-free customer service number, or my turning off the router for >3-4 hours. With ADSL it is much easier, but Swisscom, which chose to skip ADSL2(+), is trying to move people over to VDSL by dangling their free TV offer.

Originally Posted by malmostoso
LH might not be at fault for once

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.