Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge suggestions at VIE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Hi

Looking at the VIE airport's website, there are several lounges offered ( JET, SKY, Austrian ).

Which one would you suggest going for ?
Is the the Austrian lounge open to *G passengers?

Cheers
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: LH HON**, Bonvoy Titanium
Austrian for sure has the best lounges. There are three: business (for business class and *S), Senator (also for *G) and First/HON. Catering is very good by Do&Co.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: LH FTL
I would say that the SKY and JET lounges have a slightly better meal options than Austrian Business lounge (don't know about Senator/*G lounge) ..They are catered by do&co too.
Unfortunately they don't have the nice view of the runway ... what i usually do is have a quick meal at the sky/jet lounge and than relax in the OS lounge
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:29 am

Do any of the lounges have sleeping areas? I will have a ~24-hour layover in VIE, with the connecting flight departing midmorning the next day -- is it possible to get into the lounge at, say, midnight and stay until 9 AM (to avoid booking a hotel)?

Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:38 am

No. The lounges are closed during the night.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by intltravel90
Do any of the lounges have sleeping areas? I will have a ~24-hour layover in VIE, with the connecting flight departing midmorning the next day -- is it possible to get into the lounge at, say, midnight and stay until 9 AM (to avoid booking a hotel)?

Thanks.
No, but if you are really willing to stay at the airport for 24 hours (which I wouldn't) there are sofas in the F and G gates waiting areas that are very comfortable for sleeping.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: M&M SEN
If you don't want to go downtown Vienna (which, for 24 hrs, is definitely worth your time) there is a hotel across the street from the airport (NH Vienna Airport). If you have Visa constraints, then your best options indeed would be the sofas in G would be the best option. Remember, that you can only get into the lounge with same-day boarding pass, i.e. you can't get into the lounge until next morning.

David
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Hi all - I have a similar question as the OP. I will have a 5-hour layover in VIE later this week. I am travelling in business class on Austrian, and I am Star gold (so I can enter either the business or senator lounges). I'm also connecting from Non-Schengen to Schengen, so either one seems to be an option.

Which would you suggest for the layover? I'm mainly looking for the best food options, and a lounge where I have space to work. A shower would also be nice.

My research says that the Non-Schengen Senator lounge is probably best, but I'd appreciate any advice.

Any advice much appreciated.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by davidcito
If you don't want to go downtown Vienna (which, for 24 hrs, is definitely worth your time) there is a hotel across the street from the airport (NH Vienna Airport). If you have Visa constraints, then your best options indeed would be the sofas in G would be the best option. Remember, that you can only get into the lounge with same-day boarding pass, i.e. you can't get into the lounge until next morning.

David
That's not true, if you have an *A flight in the next 24 hours it is considered same day so you can go in during the evening. That said, they will kick you out when the lounge closes for the night and I would consider visiting Vienna if you haven't before because it's a charming city and you can see a lot in 24 hours.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: LH HON**, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by rwSEA
Hi all - I have a similar question as the OP. I will have a 5-hour layover in VIE later this week. I am travelling in business class on Austrian, and I am Star gold (so I can enter either the business or senator lounges). I'm also connecting from Non-Schengen to Schengen, so either one seems to be an option.

Which would you suggest for the layover? I'm mainly looking for the best food options, and a lounge where I have space to work. A shower would also be nice.

My research says that the Non-Schengen Senator lounge is probably best, but I'd appreciate any advice.

Any advice much appreciated.
There is little difference between them and the F&B offerings are identical. They can get very busy so would check at Non-Schengen first (although I am not sure you can actually get there if you are transiting) and if it is too crowded head for the Schengen lounge. Both have showers as well.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:01 am

I am not sure if ARRIVING from a Non Schengen flight you can actually get in th Non Schengen Austrian Lounge.

You will be arriving in a secured channel segregated from departures and pass immigration control. From there you have three chocies: Either go landside (i.e. arrivals) or go airside back to non schengen departures which requires a security check and probably a valid boarding pass for a non schengen flight.
Or you can just go airside to schengen departures, with a valid boarding pass for a schengen departure and subejct to a security check.

So technically you will not be able to get back to non schengen departures to get to that Austrian Non Schengen lounge. I know that in Frankfurt i.e. they will allow you through passport control even if you have not a valid boarding pass for that terminal section, but you might need to argue. In Frankfurt Terminal B i.e. there is no LH lounge on the Schengen part, so it's a valid reason to want to pass passport control just to get to the lounge on the non schengen side. but even that is not a great option, as in order to come back to your non schengen flight you will need to pass again a security check and passport control.

So your best choice is just to go to Schengen, pass immigration and security control once, and use the Schengen lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.