Wiki Posts
Search

4 hours layover at WAW - what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat

We have a 4 hour layover at WAW, coming from YYZ-WAW, then WAW-CDG both on LOT J

Landing at 12:15 then departing at 16:35 for CDG. 4 hours seems like too short to explore the city, so I'm wondering what activities we can do at the airport. I noticed there are 2 LOT lounges on the airside, beside the lounges, any other recommendations?

Thanks for your input
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:36 am

You can simply check-in your flight to CDG, catch a train from the nearby station and get down to central Warsaw for a walk & a meal - perfectly doable, mainly considering that the train only takes roughly 25 minutes (one way). In case the weather is rubbish, then WAW airport is a nice place to spend a few hours. In your case, you've even got lounge access so even better (lounge Polonez for you - not bad at all).

G
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:55 am

stay at an Airport Lounge and enjoy their Vodka
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
4 hours is too short for a stress free ride into the city.
You would be stick your eyes at the watch instead of sightseeing.
The lounge is not too bad. If you're *A Gold you can also access a reserved area within the same lounge (Schengen side).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Thanks for the recommendations. factoring in possible delays I'll probably skip the city and just stay at the airport.

I'm on a J ticket, so assuming lounge access is granted.

Anyone can chime in which lounge is better? Polonez or Bolero?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: 2015 kettle

Lounge and no stress.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:13 am

Polonez is in the Schengen side, where your flight to CDG will depart from.
You should also have access to the "Elite Club" part thanks to your J ticket, which is the nicest lounge in WAW. Past the bathrooms there's a quite spot with some lounge chairs, so you can just relax for the couple hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.