Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INN - Which Side to Sit?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
INN - Which Side to Sit?

Sorry, slightly OT, but it is OS.

Simple question -- which is the best side to sit into/out of INN for best views?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Both sides are good - you have scenic views in all directions. It depends a bit on the wind in which direction you will land. You will mostly start/land facing westwards. So sitting on the left side gives you a bit more mountains (the very high ones in the centre of the alps.

I have no favourite side.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
If I had to choose I would go for the left hand side of the plane.

Agree both sides are equally good for the westerly approach, but if you end up on an easterly approach you sometimes fly past the airport and then do a steep banking left hand turn back to land.

If you were on the right hand side during this manoeuvre all you would see is a lot of sky. On the left hand side you feel you are almost touching the mountains!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
thanks to both of you! Really looking forward to it.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:31 am

Approaching from the west, you have the higher mountains on the right side when you dive into the valley.
I also had that we flew along the valley from the east, passed the airport and did a sharp right turn just inside the valley. Definitely right side better in that case.
Taking off to the east, I had the Dash once do a big 270° circle to the south over the Europabrücke before we climbed over the mountains in northern direction.
Another time taking off to the east, we were just following the valley for a while - no matter on which side to sit in that case.

I'd go for the right side. Take care - if it's a Q400 you're flying, take a seat in the vey front or very back, or your view will be highly limited by the engines...
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
VIE bound left!

Both sides have spectacular views to the mountains but I never had as good views onto VIE than when sitting on the left ....
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:25 am
Original Poster

OP here, reporting back.

Sat on the left, but weather was very bad so couldn't see anything till moments before touchdown -- interesting in itself.

On the way out sat on left (departure to west); it was spectacular.

Thanks again for the advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.