Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa-Germanwings 2015 pilot strikes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Originally Posted by RTW1
I doubt they will strike again anytime soon.....
Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
So you booked a long layover, LH didn't cancel your flight and you are pissed you couldn't get into to the lounge for free?
Wrong. They cancelled the FRA/IAH portion without notification. After no response from Lufthansa in Amman, it was after midnight, we got on our flight to FRA. In FRA I got our son in Houston to do the rebooking. I wasn't pissed. That's your vision, not mine. I was disappointed they wouldn't allow us in the club since their strike caused the inconvenience. Nothing was owed. Just a little courtesy. Something you could use.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Spell it out then, don't leave us guessing. Lounge access is never given as compensation for a delay when you are travelling in economy, the lounges would be packed otherwise. You will get the standard duty of care.... And that includes some drinks and food for a longer layover.

And normally they are pretty good in contacting you when you have booked with LH, if you didn't the responsability is with another party...
Old May 14, 2015, 12:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Pilots union says no Lufthansa strikes until end-July

German pilots' union Vereinigung Cockpit said it was prepared to enter mediation with Lufthansa on a wide range of pay issues, trying to end a long-running dispute that has resulted in more than a dozen costly strikes.

Vereinigung Cockpit (VC) said on Wednesday it accepted Lufthansa's proposal for a mediation process, ruling out strike action until the end of July.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0NY1YJ20150513
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TEBraniff
Wrong. They cancelled the FRA/IAH portion without notification. After no response from Lufthansa in Amman, it was after midnight, we got on our flight to FRA. In FRA I got our son in Houston to do the rebooking. I wasn't pissed. That's your vision, not mine. I was disappointed they wouldn't allow us in the club since their strike caused the inconvenience. Nothing was owed. Just a little courtesy. Something you could use.
Were you flying J or F?

If you were in Y, you do realize that there's almost 100 people in premium cabins that are going to rush into the lounge + the FA's for the time being.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:27 pm

Any more news on the possible pilot strike . I fly DFW>FRA on a C mileage award on July 27.
I hope the union promise to not strike before the end of July means July 30th :-)

If there is a strike will LH rebook a mileage award flight and will they keep me in business class?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
[QUOTE=TEBraniff;24591289]
Originally Posted by tomjtx
If there is a strike will LH rebook a mileage award flight and will they keep me in business class?
THey will re-book and should be in J unless you request a specific time frame that's mandatory.

Depends on the strike though, sometimes they don't give enough notice. Planes get full before they can re-book you.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:38 am

And there it starts again. The mediation between Lufthansa and Vereinigung Cockpit ended with no result and it probably will kick of another round of strikes beginning next week or so
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-2015-a-6.html
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:00 am

I think it is much more appropriate to continue this thread. The fight UFO vs LH is a very different one than VC vs LH.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: LH SEN
UFO has nothing to do with pilot strikes (according to thread subject).
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:13 pm

I agree - these are two separate strike threats / risks, from two different Unions, with different Union bosses.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:16 pm

According to air today July 8, VC has said no strikes in next days but they are preparing steps for "industrial action"

Cat and Mouse anyone?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:12 pm

DeSpiegel section action would be decided in the next 2-3 weeks.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: UA, TG, LH
Then there is cockpit preparing for the next strike 13.07.2015, 12:30 Uhr | dpa-AFX
with Google translate
https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.